PC Building Urges?

Gareque

So is this common amongst people here?

I've literally just finished building myself a new PC so I'm now running an AMD 2600X and Strix Vega 56 on an X470 AORUS board with 16GB RAM.  But it's already not enough and I already want to build a bigger, better case with even more RGB lol.  Unfortunately, not being rich this isn't possible, but ya know...

How common is this amongst people here?

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

7 minutes ago, Gareque said:

I already want to build a bigger,

nothing wrong with "want to", but can you control yourself after all.

if you dont want anything... whats the purpose of life?

If I caved into my desires to build up new gear I'd be a very poor man, I'd have an awesome stash of toys, but I would be eating no name dog food in the cold every night.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't know about the others, but yeah, the itch is real. Mine usually doesn't get very strong until a year or so has passed. I've been using tricks to sooth that itch for a while though since my 6600k build.

It was in a large mITX case with a GPU that, technically was too long. Replacing the GPU with a 1070, which normally would be a simple operation required a bit of research to find a card that wasn't over-tall or any longer that what I had, and the actual replacement had some interesting moments. Getting that back up was a very itch soothing moment.

Next I replaced the case with something even smaller, with an AIO CPU cooler. Again, researching what was available that would fit my components. That when surprisingly smooth. (After I removed the protective film from the CPU cooler, that is.)

Now, my next build is on the horizon with Ryzen 3.

TL;DR

Itch management is a requirement.

Back in High School i was trying to get my friends into PC gaming so i could build them a PC... Most stuck with what they got (at least they got steam) or went to consoles.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG