Need tips for a new TV

Alexaldin

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new tv. I have some questions. I need it for a Ps4 NOT Pro and a Steam Link. I was looking for something like 40"-50", and I was questioning myself, 1080p or 4K? I'm not sure the Steam Link can do 4K, and I dunno if my Pc can run 4K smoothly (i7-6700k, 16gb ram, Strix GTX 1070), and I dunno how the normal PS4 can handle the 4K. You guys know how both of them do it? 

Also, I dunno what's the best technology for my needs, LED, LCD, VA, OLED, etc I don't really know what to look for :D 

Budget something like 200-350€.

Thanks for all the tips!

im on a amd 8350 with a rx 590 4k and i can play and stream movies just fine with it..games depends on what engine it is using. but most i play at 2k res. havent found a game i need to run 1080 yet.
your 1070 will be fine for that

steam link looks to be 1080 max.

looks like the ps4 also is 1080 max also

now 1080 will not look bad on a 4k if you go that route, but you will have the option to run uhd and 4k movies on it if you want

and for a 200 to 350 budget your looking at lower end 4k's i will let @TheFlyingTraut run you by some..hes better with knowledge in that area

1080 tvs that size are just about the same price but might have better options..but not much

Are you going to use this TV for PC gaming as well? I am not a fan of TVs as monitors. The input lag is just atrocious. It's not that big of a deal with some of the mid to high end TVs because of the better processors and panels but for the budget you're looking at just be aware of giving up quality for size. The 2 to 300 range for a TV can snag you maybe a 50" 4k LG or TCL, just be aware of issues mentioned above. You might be able to get a Samsung 7100 in that range. I just noticed it was in euros. But my statements still stand. They will do great for the ps4 though. 

I have a gtx 1080 and I've ran it on my LG C7 oled and I still wasnt impressed. 

2 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Are you going to use this TV for PC gaming as well? I am not a fan of TVs as monitors. The input lag is just atrocious. It's not that big of a deal with some of the mid to high end TVs because of the better processors and panels but for the budget you're looking at just be aware of giving up quality for size. The 2 to 300 range for a TV can snag you maybe a 50" 4k LG or TCL, just be aware of issues mentioned above. You might be able to get a Samsung 7100 in that range. I just noticed it was in euros. But my statements still stand. They will do great for the ps4 though. 

I have a gtx 1080 and I've ran it on my LG C7 oled and I still wasnt impressed. 

For casual gaming with friends, nothing more. I have a Asus 24" 144hz 1080p monitor for my pc, I need that for Ps4 and to stream with Steam Link something casual, nothing serious.

Honestly man  if it's just to mess around on. Get a bigger TV that fits your budget instead. 43 kinda small.

Just now, TheFlyingTraut said:

Honestly man  if it's just to mess around on. Get a bigger TV that fits your budget instead. 43 kinda small.

I don't have that much space where I'll put it, so I think a 43" is perfect. Now I have a 32" that is a little small but still enough.

i have the samsung 65" 4k 7100...im not going to knock it.....slap it in game mode and your good to go....no issues with gaming on it even fps's....all in all its a good tv, just one thing. ignore the hdr it says it has...its garbage