Computer won't turn on

hbsterling

I built a new pc with brand new parts from either newegg or amazon and it has been a month. I did just put rgb strips in the case which was powered from the motherboard. When I was playing r6 siege the pc just randomly shutoff. The lights (not the strips) directly on the motherboard work and the ethernet lights as well. Whenever I press the on button there is click but nothing happens and then I can't get the click again unless i unplug the power cord completley. I tried turning it on without rgb strips and making sure the motherboard power is connected but nothing. Please help.

Sounds like you might be tripping overcurrent protection on your PSU.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Does the power supply work when shorted all by itself unplugged from the board?

How would I check this? I have a semi modular TX650M corsair psu. 

1 minute ago, hbsterling said:

How would I check this? I have a semi modular TX650M corsair psu. 

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If the power supply checks out, I would unplug everything except the the bare minimum, just to see if your computer posts. 

The only thing that should be plug in is Motherboard, and video card if you don't have onboard video monitor and keyboard. Everything else should be unplugged, ssd harddrives, lights case fans USB devices etc.. 

I tried testing the PSU with the paperclip and nothing happened so I am assuming it is the psu at this point. What could have caused this, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

I lied, when I took the psu out of the case and tested one last time the fan started spinning. So it must be another part?

4 hours ago, hbsterling said:

I lied, when I took the psu out of the case and tested one last time the fan started spinning. So it must be another part?

I'd start by checking your temperatures.

Something like HWMonitor should be able to check both

standalone alternatives would be something along the lines of Afterburner and CoreTemp

It's possible that you're hitting a thermal shutdown

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB