How many lighting node pros?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
On 3/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, BadDude said:

I'm building a new pc using Corsair Spec Omega RGB with LL120 fans (x6), Corsair Vengeance ram RGB (x2), H150i, and LED strips (x4). 

So how many Lightning Node Pros will I need for this build? Given that a single lightning node pro has two LED channels. 

My thought is that I only need 1 Lighting Node Pro? One channel for 4 LED strips, another for 6 fans? I assume that RGB on RAM and liquid cooler can be controlled wirelessly, am I right?

You can use one lighting node pro for everything, one channel for the LED strips and the other for the RGB fan hub. As said the RGB RAM will be controlled via Corsair iCue software through the RAM slot itself.

Image result for Lighting Node Pro wiring

I'm building a new pc using Corsair Spec Omega RGB with LL120 fans (x6), Corsair Vengeance ram RGB (x2), H150i, and LED strips (x4). 

So how many Lightning Node Pros will I need for this build? Given that a single lightning node pro has two LED channels. 

My thought is that I only need 1 Lighting Node Pro? One channel for 4 LED strips, another for 6 fans? I assume that RGB on RAM and liquid cooler can be controlled wirelessly, am I right?

Hi !

If your RAM is natively RGB, it will have RGB control pins. No cable required.

I personnaly have 5 HD120 fans. They came with a Corsair rgb hub (not lightning pro). I modded the remote cable in order to sync it with my MB rgb header, so I may not be helpful for the hub question.

I hope this helps a bit !

Just another engineer posting useful hardware videos directly to the interconnected network (AKA the internet)

Tech enthusiast. Check my channel out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FU1nfeGBBnw_bvHgWCqTQ

On 3/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, BadDude said:

You can use one lighting node pro for everything, one channel for the LED strips and the other for the RGB fan hub. As said the RGB RAM will be controlled via Corsair iCue software through the RAM slot itself.