Recommendation on how to make the switch from Windows and game on Linux?

On 3/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, Turtle Rig said:

Ive tried 5 Linux Distros and none can play games, you can forget about it.  You will have to do dual boot or VMware

Another person who is woefully wrong. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:47 PM, PorcelainRabbit said:

The primary game that isn't on there is League of Legends. Do you know if that runs half decently? I've seen a couple of installation methods when googling, but they're not "recent"

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1033811-how-to-play-league-of-legends-on-linux/

Sudo make me a sandwich 

45 minutes ago, wasab said:

No, native is the easiest.

ok yes, but I meant about games that don't have native ports. Maybe it wasn't clear.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

10 hours ago, wasab said:

Another person who is woefully wrong. 

You can emulate, but its nothing compared to actually play the game on the platform its built for.  There are two emulators Wine and something else,, both gave me issues on five distros. sure you can get a game to play but will in no way have the experience you get if you played it on windows.  Also these newer games do not run on linux and games that do run run very poorly.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

On 3/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, Turtle Rig said:

You can emulate, but its nothing compared to actually play the game on the platform its built for.  

Did you forget that native games coded to run and target linux actually exist? And since ive been using linux for years and been gaming on it for years, let me correct you on many of your fallacies and outright misinformation.

7 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

There are two emulators Wine and something else

WINE is not an emulator first of all. something else? I can obvsiouly tell you are an UNIX pro and an authority on the subject

here are real, actual  emulators that exist for linux 

PCSX

Dolphin

Stella

Mednafen

FCEUX/FCE-Ultra

ZSNES

SNES9x

Higan/bsnes

Mupen64Plus

DeSmuMe

Yabause

Multi-Emulator Super System (MESS)

PPSSPP

7 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Also these newer games do not run on linux and games that do run run very poorly.

ahahahahahha ahahahahaha

Literally, most indies games run better on linux than under windows becuase they are coded for platforms. Many Tripple As arent due to them being a port but the same case goes for console games ported to windows well. They are nowhere as optimize but who cares? Games are there to enjoy, not to benchmark and worry over how many pixels your hardware can display on your screen. Get over that self-destructive mentality first. If games are payable and can be enjoyed, there is no difference between linux and windows. 

Sudo make me a sandwich