fixing old computer

fuller.jake28

hey linus do you have any tip on fixing old laptops please let me know jjfuller

Depending on how old the laptop is and what exactly is broken in it, it might not be worth fixing at all.

Is the Hard drive dead? Open the flap underneath and replace it with an SSD.
(More steps might be needed depending on the laptop... I'd suggest you look up your laptop's model on Youtube along with some choice keywords, like "disassembly", to find out how to take it apart since no two laptops of different models are the same, it ain't as straight forward as a Desktop PC) to potentially fix it yourself.

If it's another part.... Try to find it on Ebay (with the part number that you can find after disassembly or with your laptop's model) and look up how to install it online.

If this is about a Macbook, throw it in the trash and buy a new one like a good Apple user.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, fuller.jake28 said:

I'll need to know a fair bit more about the laptop you're referring to, but I think @TetraSky has pretty much all the basics covered given how little we know.

What model laptop is it?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!