1080p High-End Gaming Build - Tips or Improvements?

Hello again! -

My last post got deleted by an accidental double post, and therefore messed around with my posts. So this is another Topic just for some tips/answers and recommendations for my planned build.

Here it is -

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2DXBk

If you could tell me any improvements etc. it would be appreciated. (I have posted many times recently however - its another post as I have changed and added some parts) 

Many thanks.

CPUIntel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO MOBO: MSI G45 Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI GTX 770 HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Kingston 240GB PSU: Corsair 750W DVD: Samsung 24x OS: Windows 7 FAN: 2x Corsair Red Case Fans CASE: Corsair 400R HEADSET: Corsair 1500 v2

Over here in the UK the 280X is the same price as the 770 and is faster. I'd suggest that as an upgrade. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Over here in the UK the 280X is the same price as the 770 and is faster. I'd suggest that as an upgrade. 

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-280X-vs-GeForce-GTX-770

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I'm in the UK too - but I think I'm sticking with the GTX 770. Its got some better benchmarks and reviews and I'm not the biggest Battlefield player. Also, the Asus 280X costs more than the Asus GTX 770 (Amazon).

CPUIntel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO MOBO: MSI G45 Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI GTX 770 HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Kingston 240GB PSU: Corsair 750W DVD: Samsung 24x OS: Windows 7 FAN: 2x Corsair Red Case Fans CASE: Corsair 400R HEADSET: Corsair 1500 v2

Get windows 8.1 mate, seriously.

8.0 was a disaster, but 8.1 is pretty damn fast and stable

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Get windows 8.1 mate, seriously.

8.0 was a disaster, but 8.1 is pretty damn fast and stable

I have heard a lot of good reviews on Windows 8 however I am a big Windows 7 lover. 

I'll look into this though, thanks.

Unless it's a media PC, I suggest you dump the optical drive and get an external one instead. External optical drives can be used for multiple computers, so they can be cheaper. IMO optical drives are ugly and can make cable management harder. And how often do you really actually use CDs/DVDs?

I think your build is pretty good.

Unless it's a media PC, I suggest you dump the optical drive and get an external one instead. External optical drives can be used for multiple computers, so they can be cheaper. IMO optical drives are ugly and can make cable management harder. And how often do you really actually use CDs/DVDs?

I think your build is pretty good.

Although in my case the money was no issue, I also left out the optical drive. Almost everything can be found on the internet and if I cannot find something on the internet I'll just insert the disk into a different computer and upload the content of the disk to my new computer... which hasn't been needed so far.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Also, for your case it supports up to 295mm GPUs, so be sure to check your GPU's length if you decide to switch it for a 280x (as for instance the Sapphire Toxic 280x is 310mm)

-Mewtwo

Although in my case the money was no issue, I also left out the optical drive. Almost everything can be found on the internet and if I cannot find something on the internet I'll just insert the disk into a different computer and upload the content of the disk to my new computer... which hasn't been needed so far.

I don't like having internal optical drives but If I were to build a media PC than I would imagine it would be nice for movies. I threw together some old parts to put a computer in my room for watching movies and recording audio. I'm using an external optical drive for it and only plug it in when I want to watch my DVDs that I haven't converted to files yet. And I'll use it for my gaming PC when I play old games that are on CD. For a media PC an external drive would take more space but other than that I prefer external.

maybe this if you want

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2DYsG

If going for 6 or 8 core cpus, definitely go for windows 8.1, as that is basically the only windows version that actually tries to use all cores to their full potential

-Mewtwo

This is not a build log. Please post in the relevant section next time.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

What's the system being used for?

Are you planning to sli?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If going for 6 or 8 core cpus, definitely go for windows 8.1, as that is basically the only windows version that actually tries to use all cores to their full potential

i don

't know about him but personally i hate windows 8.0 or 8.1

Manners Maketh Man

i don

't know about him but personally i hate windows 8.0 or 8.1

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Windows 8.1 speed with Windows 7 functionality for 5 usd/year

-Mewtwo