Need help with new BIOS

I bought my current PC from an SI and the motherboard doesn't have its OEM bios. My motherboard is an Asrock Z97 pro4. But the Bios is American Megatrends Inc, P1.20A. I was trying to instant flash with Asrock's most recent bios to update my motherboard for nvme support. But the AMI bios on it wouldn't recognize the Asrock bios image in my USB drive. Is there anyway i just wipe the AMI bios off the motherboard and install the most recent Asrock bios? Please help. My 970 evo is just sitting in the M.2 slot and the motherboard can't do anything with it  T_T

Are you sure that update file is named in a correct way for BIOS update? (depends on manufacturer and might vary from board to board, you´ll find it on manufacturers site) Is your USB drive using supported file system (usually only FAT16/32)?

1 minute ago, krysta24 said:

Are you sure that update file is named in a correct way for BIOS update? (depends on manufacturer and might vary from board to board, you´ll find it on manufacturers site) Is your USB drive using supported file system (usually only FAT16/32)?

My USB is in FAT32 format. I don't know about the file name though. I just downloaded the most recent bios from Asrock's website and leave it like that. The thing is, when I try to instant flash in the AMI bios, while the instant flash tool is searching for bios image, I would see the Asrokc bios image's name for a split second, and then it would say "No image file found". I think it just that the AMI bios does not recognize Asrock's bios as an update. 

8 minutes ago, Elberrrrt said:

My USB is in FAT32 format. I don't know about the file name though. I just downloaded the most recent bios from Asrock's website and leave it like that. The thing is, when I try to instant flash in the AMI bios, while the instant flash tool is searching for bios image, I would see the Asrokc bios image's name for a split second, and then it would say "No image file found". I think it just that the AMI bios does not recognize Asrock's bios as an update. 

Honestly, I´m just trying some general suggestions I never needed to flash BIOS from diferent vendor company. You might also try using USB dirctly to back of motherboard (not front IO on case).