OBS dropping ingame FPS when streaming

So i have tested sooo many different settings, and changed in between 3 encoders. An doesnt seem to be able to solve it. 

You can see my specs in the signature.

When using NVENC New encoder in OBS, everything seems to be running as intended untill you look over at OBS. 
Then it is saying the encoder is being overloaded by 720p 60 FPS, I figured out this is being cause when you have high fps

ingame the more OBS struggles encoding it. The same thing pretty much happened with the old NVENC setting. 

I then tested with x264 at Fast and the stream is smooth, but instantly i will drop a lot of FPS eventhough OBS is only using 10-20% CPU
And the games i play around the same. My Temps doesnt exceed 60 degrees celcius. 

I've tested it in PUBG where i tried to set affinity differently with only worse effect and adjusting the ingame gfx does a 5-10 fps inc/decrease
from Very low-Ultra settings with screenscale on 100% I know the game im doing this in is broken but i figured if i get it to work here it will work

everywhere :D

So my question is, any way of fixing the new NVENC encoding so it doesnt throttle when having high FPS in the game?
and how to solve the issues with my FPS dropping like crazy when using the x264 eventhough i have plenty of CPU headroom?

FPS Comparisons All Ultra settings with Screenscale 120
Not Streaming: 100-140
Streaming NVENC: 80-120

Streaming X264 FAST: 50-120

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold

5 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

So i have tested sooo many different settings, and changed in between 3 encoders. An doesnt seem to be able to solve it. 

You can see my specs in the signature.

When using NVENC New encoder in OBS, everything seems to be running as intended untill you look over at OBS. 
Then it is saying the encoder is being overloaded by 720p 60 FPS, I figured out this is being cause when you have high fps

ingame the more OBS struggles encoding it. The same thing pretty much happened with the old NVENC setting. 

I then tested with x264 at Fast and the stream is smooth, but instantly i will drop a lot of FPS eventhough OBS is only using 10-20% CPU
And the games i play around the same. My Temps doesnt exceed 60 degrees celcius. 

I've tested it in PUBG where i tried to set affinity differently with only worse effect and adjusting the ingame gfx does a 5-10 fps inc/decrease
from Very low-Ultra settings with screenscale on 100% I know the game im doing this in is broken but i figured if i get it to work here it will work

everywhere :D

So my question is, any way of fixing the new NVENC encoding so it doesnt throttle when having high FPS in the game?
and how to solve the issues with my FPS dropping like crazy when using the x264 eventhough i have plenty of CPU headroom?

FPS Comparisons All Ultra settings with Screenscale 120
Not Streaming: 100-140
Streaming NVENC: 80-120

Streaming X264 FAST: 50-120

A capture card would help. Also, faster ram for your ryzen would improve cpu performance.

I don't know much about streaming software, but if your monitor can't display teh higher end of your frame rates, you could try limiting them. That would at least give you a smoother experience.

14 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

What's your CPU?

Just use shadowplay to stream if OBS is having issues?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What's your CPU?

Just use shadowplay to stream if OBS is having issues?

Shadowplay has no features. Cant setup my overlays like in obs. If i could do 100% the same thing i might consider it but it cant. 

25 minutes ago, averagebilly said:

A capture card would help. Also, faster ram for your ryzen would improve cpu performance.

I don't know much about streaming software, but if your monitor can't display teh higher end of your frame rates, you could try limiting them. That would at least give you a smoother experience.

Really dont want a capture card. Ram is an upgrade that will come soon going to purchase 16 gigs of 3200mhz ram. 
Eventhough the monitor cannot display higher than 75 fps it still looks more smooth when the FPS is above it. 
But with x264 it will start at 50ish and then go stable at around 60-80 fps.  which is smooth enough but comparing that 
to when not streaming is a drop of 20-60 fps which i can feel. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

2 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

Well then just live with a locked 60fps until Ryzen 3000 12 cores are out?

I didn't know NVENC had such a limitation of not being able to downscale frames.

I never have an issue with that despite running dota 2 at over 100fps with a 1080p 60fps capture, but I use the CPU to capture, previously on an R7 1700, but now with a 1950X.

Also if you have a fair amount of income you can always just buy a used R7 1700, or they're $160 new now

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kPzK8/amd-ryzen-7-1700-30ghz-8-core-processor-yd1700bbaebox

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

but comparing that to when not streaming is a drop of 20-60 fps which i can feel. 

You only have a quad core, it's going to struggle under a gaming and streaming combined load.

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Well then just live with a locked 60fps until Ryzen 3000 12 cores are out?

I didn't know NVENC had such a limitation of not being able to downscale frames.

I never have an issue with that despite running dota 2 at over 100fps with a 1080p 60fps capture, but I use the CPU to capture, previously on an R7 1700, but now with a 1950X.

Also if you have a fair amount of income you can always just buy a used R7 1700, or they're $160 new now

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3kPzK8/amd-ryzen-7-1700-30ghz-8-core-processor-yd1700bbaebox

I have 2700x :) Did i forget to update my signature ? 

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

You only have a quad core, it's going to struggle under a gaming and streaming combined load.

Woops .. Sorry Forgot to update signature.. I have 2700x :D

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Using NVENC takes the load off of the CPU

Spoiler

Just now, Koxicain said:

I have 2700x :) Did i forget to update my signature ? 

Then you shouldn't have any real trouble streaming or capturing using X264

Use CPU affinity in task manager to make sure the game has 4 cores 8 threads, and OBS has 4 cores 8 threads

Should post your OBS settings in a screenshot

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

Then you shouldn't have any real trouble streaming or capturing using X264

Use CPU affinity in task manager to make sure the game has 4 cores 8 threads, and OBS has 4 cores 8 threads

Should post your OBS settings in a screenshot

I will do that when i get home. 
I tried that tbh. But doesnt seem to affect anything but OBS. Started to get some dropped frames etc.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

7 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

I will do that when i get home. 
I tried that tbh. But doesnt seem to affect anything but OBS. Started to get some dropped frames etc.

Here's some testing of streaming for a baseline anyways. There will be a slight hit to in game performance, but streaming should be fine, assuming reasonable settings like Very Fast and a 6K bit rate.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3287-amd-r7-2700-and-2700x-review-game-streaming-cpu-benchmarks-memory/page-2

Spoiler

Here's some testing of streaming for a baseline anyways. There will be a slight hit to in game performance, but streaming should be fine, assuming reasonable settings like Very Fast and a 6K bit rate.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3287-amd-r7-2700-and-2700x-review-game-streaming-cpu-benchmarks-memory/page-2

Yeah thats for 1080p Streaming. while im only doing 720p60 FPS
which is requiring a lot less CPU power.  I currently stream at Fast preset at 3500 kb. Stream looks good, but my game feel is very different, i feel small stutters laggy frames etc.  even when its above 75 fps.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

28 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Using NVENC takes the load off of the CPU

Yeah and i dont get why i cannot use Turings improved NVENC when i get more than 100 FPS. 
Encoder just dies according to OBS when i get that many frames. But in approximately 5 hours im home from work and i will screen the OBS settings. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

1 minute ago, Koxicain said:

Yeah thats for 1080p Streaming. while im only doing 720p60 FPS
which is requiring a lot less CPU power.  I currently stream at Fast preset at 3500 kb. Stream looks good, but my game feel is very different, i feel small stutters laggy frames etc.  even when its above 75 fps.

You could try messing with process priority as well

if feeling crazy load up and stream under linux to see if windows is the issue too

Spoiler

You could try messing with process priority as well

if feeling crazy load up and stream under linux to see if windows is the issue too

Is it possible to game Pubg on Linux?  
Cause Windows issue is actually a likely possibility after the newest update. 
Have tried Priority, Affinity nothing really gains or looses anything. When in the lobby i've tried to change Ingame settings

OBS settings and everything. Even downloaded CoreParking to make sure it uses my hole cpu. Which made no difference so going to delete that :P

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB