Corsair K70

iceballfunela

Hey guys, I just bought a Corsair k70 gunmetal finish keyboard(love it) but I want to ask something. Why does the k70 in linus's video show a silver volume control while mine is a black one? I just bought mine yesterday so is this like a revision or something?

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Hey guys, I just bought a Corsair k70 gunmetal finish keyboard(love it) but I want to ask something. Why does the k70 in linus's video show a silver volume control while mine is a black one? I just bought mine yesterday so is this like a revision or something?

Its possible that it was a review sample that Linus had, and as you said have been changed later

enjoy the K70 its a awesome keyboard.

I WANT THIS KEYBOARD SO MUCH!

Oh,and aobut the volume wheel,that was a pre-production sample.Look at other video reviews and you'll see it's black.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It wasn't a pre-production sample, the silver one has a silver wheel, the gunmetal and black versions have a black wheel.

It wasn't a pre-production sample, the silver one has a silver wheel, the gunmetal and black versions have a black wheel.

if i am not wrong, there is only gunmetal, which may be the one you refered to as silver and black anodised

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I'm thinking to pick up the k70 with Cherry red switches or should I wait for the RGB one ?

I hope the RGB version has a good price :)

I'm thinking to pick up the k70 with Cherry red switches or should I wait for the RGB one ?

I hope the RGB version has a good price :)

If you like really flashy things, then i say wait for the RGB one but the blue backlight is way bright enough for me and I would go for this if the price is high

ASUS ROG G75VX

if i am not wrong, there is only gunmetal, which may be the one you refered to as silver and black anodised

People often call gunmetal as "silver", but that's incorrect.

Gunmetal is in between Silver and Black Anodized. Silver/Black only come in MX Red (LED colour depends on which one you get, Silver = Blue LED, Black = Red LED). Gunmetal comes in MX Blue switches and Blue LEDs. 

There are 3 different finishes for the K70. Silver is silver like jewelry. Black is actually black. Gunmetal is a dark grey that looks much closer to black than silver (depending on lighting), similar to actual guns. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2