Weird bug with camera and file explorer

Go to solution Solved by Thomaswbutler,
9 minutes ago, Thomaswbutler said:

Hi All,

I was transfering files from my canon 5d mk ii via the mini usb cable and the file transfer froze. I then closed file explorer and restarted the camera. Ever since all the photos come up in file explorer looking like a boot drive (see attached photo) which doesn't do anything when clicked and comes up as completely black when I attempt to open them. I'm still able to access all new and old photos via any other software (e.g. lightroom, eos utility), but just not from file explorer. This happens to whichever CF card I put in the camera, so it's obviously something to do with the camera rather than any of the cards. 

Thanks,

Thomas

Capture.PNG

Managed to fix it after disabling EOS utility start up when connecting the camera. I think it was interfering with file explorer.

Hi All,

I was transfering files from my canon 5d mk ii via the mini usb cable and the file transfer froze. I then closed file explorer and restarted the camera. Ever since all the photos come up in file explorer looking like a boot drive (see attached photo) which doesn't do anything when clicked and comes up as completely black when I attempt to open them. I'm still able to access all new and old photos via any other software (e.g. lightroom, eos utility), but just not from file explorer. This happens to whichever CF card I put in the camera, so it's obviously something to do with the camera rather than any of the cards. 

Thanks,

Thomas

Capture.PNG

9 minutes ago, Thomaswbutler said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Thomas

Capture.PNG

Managed to fix it after disabling EOS utility start up when connecting the camera. I think it was interfering with file explorer.