First time pc builder

JayBee805

Alright guys , my friend and I are gonna attempt our very first time building a pc , can you guys give us some tips.?

Use PCPartPicker, it makes your life about 10,000 times easier

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Well what are using the PC to do? There are certainly more things you can add, but as a bare bones system you do have everything there you need to get going.

Just gaming man that’s all , 1080p , 1440p gaming 

You are aware that your link is lokal and based on cookies? 

You can get the perma link top left. 

Also important. 

Location. Budget. Refresh rate. Which games 

11 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Well what are using the PC to do? There are certainly more things you can add, but as a bare bones system you do have everything there you need to get going.

i already have all the parts listed from a previous pc of mine , just need to know if that’s enough for gaming at 1080p or 1440p ? Or what else do I need other than the parts I already listed n have ?

A 1080ti will be enough and a 8600k can probably handle it. 

You need a decent power supply. The Corsair VS is junk. Have a look at the psu tier guide in the psu section.

1 hour ago, JayBee805 said:

i already have all the parts listed from a previous pc of mine , just need to know if that’s enough for gaming at 1080p or 1440p ? Or what else do I need other than the parts I already listed n have ?

Which of these parts are already owned? If you don't have the ones that include prices, this list is way better

You just gotta have an SSD at this price range, even a cheap SSD is literally about 10 times faster than a hard drive. You can get faster ram, and more of it, and water cooling isn't all it's cracked up to be. The dark rock 4 is a high quality air cooler, it can trade blows with water coolers of many kinds and will allow a good overclock. Your motherboard choice was pretty overpriced, I picked out a decent one for a lot less. The PSU is also far superior than the lowly VS, I never recommend budget PSUs for high quality builds.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 3/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, fasauceome said:

Which of these parts are already owned? If you don't have the ones that include prices, this list is way better

You just gotta have an SSD at this price range, even a cheap SSD is literally about 10 times faster than a hard drive. You can get faster ram, and more of it, and water cooling isn't all it's cracked up to be. The dark rock 4 is a high quality air cooler, it can trade blows with water coolers of many kinds and will allow a good overclock. Your motherboard choice was pretty overpriced, I picked out a decent one for a lot less. The PSU is also far superior than the lowly VS, I never recommend budget PSUs for high quality builds.

Thanks for that info man , I already have most of that stuff I just need to purchase a cooler for the cpu , a psu and cpu other than that I have the other stuff listed ... ? 

32 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Thanks for that info man , I already have most of that stuff I just need to purchase a cooler for the cpu , a psu and cpu other than that I have the other stuff listed ... ? 

Then the recommendations I have listed are good choices

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Then the recommendations I have listed are good choices

Thank you very much , I will get those instead of the ones I posted first . 

54 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Thank you very much , I will get those instead of the ones I posted first . 

Cool, add an updated parts list for a final check

Primary PC:

7 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Thanks , pretty much just changed the motherboard which I already have ... 

7 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Would it b better if I got a i5 9600k ? Money not issue if more expensive 

3 hours ago, JayBee805 said:

Would it b better if I got a i5 9600k ? Money not issue if more expensive 

The 9600k overclocks slightly better but if you're not chasing the very high frequencies then there's no point.

Primary PC:

12 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The 9600k overclocks slightly better but if you're not chasing the very high frequencies then there's no point.

I ask because the 9600k is cheaper right now at micro center but it says it’s not compatible with the motherboard I have ? Or that I have to update bios ?

7 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

I ask because the 9600k is cheaper right now at micro center but it says it’s not compatible with the motherboard I have ? Or that I have to update bios ?

It's gotta have a bios update. Does microcenter lend you a CPU to update the BIOS if you ask? Intel doesn't have a boot kit like AMD. There's also a chance the BIOS is already up to date depending on when the motherboard was manufactured but don't rely on it.

Primary PC:

21 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's gotta have a bios update. Does microcenter lend you a CPU to update the BIOS if you ask? Intel doesn't have a boot kit like AMD. There's also a chance the BIOS is already up to date depending on when the motherboard was manufactured but don't rely on it.

Thanks a lot for your help man, just scared because its gonna bb first time building by myself and idk nothing about building or bios stuff so kinda scared