NVIDIA SLI LENGTH LIMIT ?

So i'm planning to move my pc from it's case to kind of a display wall where everything would be layed out on the wall. However it's current config is two 1080's in SLI. What i am wondering is if i were to lay the graphics cards on top of each other (backplate on the wall) and use pci-extensions to connect them to the MoBo, could i possibly connect them in SLI ? I've looked around and it seems the maximum length i can find off the shelf is 4-slot ribbon cables... not nearly long enough. If i were to create my own, would there be some kind of performance drop ? would it even work ?

thanks in advance

you want to layer the graphics card? Or am I reading wrong? 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Theoretically, it shouldn't hinder performance since from reading your post it isn't crazy long for a signal to travel however I really don't know.

7 minutes ago, mxk. said:

you want to layer the graphics card? Or am I reading wrong? 

I think they want this orientation:

Image result for graphics cards stacked

or something similar

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I think they want this orientation:

or something similar

that makes way more sense, thanks man

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

More like this (quick photoshop included), all the cables (and the bridge) would be behind the graphics cards.

SLI_BOARD.jpg

1 minute ago, Justgame32 said:

More like this (quick photoshop included), all the cables (and the bridge) would be behind the graphics cards.

yeah you can do that but the cable does need to be long enough. Linus actually did in his video with that project ortherus thingy (I think I got the name wrong but you get the idea)

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Thanks for the replies, so in theory it should work.. i'm going to try it and see how it goes !

Should work. Plenty of good videos that do it and show mention where they get the cables for it. 

Id give it a try. As long as you tested the system as you are gonna use it after to notice any issues if they arise. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz