acer predator x34 black screen

matty87

hey guys i need some help with my new monitor, i have the acer predator x34a monitor, i baught it second hand from ebay and it was described as working and almost brand new.i recieved the monitor yesterday and after a few hours using it i noticed that the screen would go black and just turn off.the blue light was still on and taking the power cable out then putting it back in almost 100% of the time fixed the issue until it went black again. i purchased a new dp cable updated all drivers to the most recent so im a bit stuck if its a hardware issue or software.any help would be greatly appreciated.cheers

Sometimes screens go into their own sleep mode, which you have to turn off manually. Try digging in the monitors settings.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

hey man thanks for the reply, i dont think sleep mode is the case as just before the screen goes black theres a slight flicker just before,like the monitor is loosing signal.its really annoying me lol.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get this solved? It sounds like you have the same issue as I now have. Mine was going to black screen and when I unplugged it and plugged it back in then it went back to normal. The time it stayed on got shorter and shorter as I unplugged and plugged back in until now it's just staying black.