Password Reset

With windows, I use Spotmau powersuite to reset passwords, recover data etc.

Is there anything I can use for macbooks to reset the user password?

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz || MoBo: Asus H81M-C || RAM: 16gb Kingston HyperX Blue || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || GPU: Palit GTX 1050 || PSU: Can't remember exactly but know it meets the needs of my components || Case: White Falcon Case || SSD: Kingston 120GB || Storage: WD Blue 1TB

Open up the terminal and run this command

Spoiler

passwd

Type in the new password and done

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Boot into recovery (CMD+R), enter "resetpassword" into the Terminal (Utilities), then do it there. If FIleVault is used then you'll need to brute-force (which might be not worth the time)

🙂

(This solution works for macOS and any Linux distro.)

You can use the 'passwd' command in your terminal.

You just need to type in the new password.

If you can't log into the account that you want to change the password of, you can boot into recovery mode (using CMD+R), then enter 'resetpassword' into the Terminal app.

Hope I could help.

@wasab @duncannah @DrTesla thanks guys, will give this a go and get back to you!

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz || MoBo: Asus H81M-C || RAM: 16gb Kingston HyperX Blue || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || GPU: Palit GTX 1050 || PSU: Can't remember exactly but know it meets the needs of my components || Case: White Falcon Case || SSD: Kingston 120GB || Storage: WD Blue 1TB

@wasab @duncannah @DrTesla 

All done, thanks guys!