looking for a mechanical or membrane with white backlight

fatboynate2
Go to solution Solved by nox_,
8 minutes ago, fatboynate2 said:

so my razer lycosa finally dies with 7 alphabet keys dead af, 

im after a white backlit keyboard preferably mechanical but ill take a nice tenkeyless membrane if the price is right.

the only serious gaming i do is wow raids, other than that its mainly just solo games with a story or campaign.

the reason for the white backlight is its easier to see in all times of the day and night and i find other colours do not fare well in the lighting in my flat other than blue.

my budget is £50 uk money. if the keyboard has some good features then i'll be more inclined to bump to £80.

my primary feature is the white backlight and mechanical keys,

i dont know much about the switches tbh  but it should be noted i can physically break a laptop keyboard by typing on it

so maybe theres a switch thats good for heavy hitting typers :P

i havent bought a keyboard since i got the lycosa to use with laptops so im a lvl 1 noob right now. 

thanks in advance guys

There aren't any membrane TKL boards as I know of, and I tried finding that kind of board for my friend, but no luck. For that kind of budget you have, 50 pounds that is, there aren't many options, maybe buy cheap chinese one with rgb and set it to white? Something like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Redragon-K561-TKL-Mechanical-Keyboard-RGB-LED-Backlit-Metal-Plate-Clicky-Gaming-Keyboard-Blue-Switches-87/32896207996.html but it offers only blue switch, aka clicky and a bit louder. Maybe someone will provide some different ideas. Or get this one : http://www.coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-pro-s-white/  it will be around 80 pounds or less, it ticks almost all your boxes, build quality is great, but no black switch variant, which is good for heavy hitters  I think.

im after a white backlit keyboard preferably mechanical but ill take a nice tenkeyless membrane if the price is right.

the only serious gaming i do is wow raids, other than that its mainly just solo games with a story or campaign.

the reason for the white backlight is its easier to see in all times of the day and night and i find other colours do not fare well in the lighting in my flat other than blue.

my budget is £50 uk money. if the keyboard has some good features then i'll be more inclined to bump to £80.

i dont know much about the switches tbh  but it should be noted i can physically break a laptop keyboard by typing on it

i havent bought a keyboard since i got the lycosa to use with laptops so im a lvl 1 noob right now. 

thanks in advance guys

8 minutes ago, fatboynate2 said:

thanks in advance guys

There aren't any membrane TKL boards as I know of, and I tried finding that kind of board for my friend, but no luck. For that kind of budget you have, 50 pounds that is, there aren't many options, maybe buy cheap chinese one with rgb and set it to white? Something like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Redragon-K561-TKL-Mechanical-Keyboard-RGB-LED-Backlit-Metal-Plate-Clicky-Gaming-Keyboard-Blue-Switches-87/32896207996.html but it offers only blue switch, aka clicky and a bit louder. Maybe someone will provide some different ideas. Or get this one : http://www.coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-pro-s-white/  it will be around 80 pounds or less, it ticks almost all your boxes, build quality is great, but no black switch variant, which is good for heavy hitters  I think.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

im sold on the MASTERKEYS PRO M WHITE, the fact i can code my own lighting effects with c++ is a major perk. and it ticks every box on my list just found one on ebay with brown switches for £70 with £2.79 postage. also it requires no third party software.

thank you dude.

i never buy unbranded peripherals unless its not crucial they last a while. 

the mouse i use is a utech smart venus mmo mouse with 12 buttons on the side so pared with this keyboard i should be good to go for wow in the sun :) since uk weather has been nice so far this past 2 weeks.  

now to solve the issue getting my 5ghz wifi to reach 600 yards to my laptop across the road in the woods. usb wifi with super ac like asus' pcie ones for desktops or some sort of battery powered repeater. will be the only option