EVGA 650w SuperNOVA cables

Reynastus

Hi All

So I've got this psu in my PC and was wondering about the cables in general.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=120-GP-0650-X1

Anyway, I've been looking at sleeve extensions or the full custom cables and while they are good options and the extensions are cheaper, I'm also a but of a DIY guy and decided I could have a crack at sleeving the cables myself.

So a couple of hours later, I've got myself an 8 pin to 6+2 pin cable that's been sleeved with paracord successfully.

My question though is while the cable is sleeved in the exact pin to pin location as they are manufactured (as I only did one cable at a time) I noticed that a few of the cables were in, well funny positions and the cable doesn't sit flat.

The cable plugs into the PSU in either orientation as well.

So does it matter where each individual pin is in each plug or can these be altered to sit flat?

Thanks for the help

Rey

22 minutes ago, Reynastus said:

The cable plugs into the PSU in either orientation as well.

Looking at the image of the G1+ PSU side connectors, looks like the CPU has the same keying but the PCIe (VGA) is different. Make sure the 4+4 side gets plugged in motherboard side and you'll be fine.

24 minutes ago, Reynastus said:

My question though is while the cable is sleeved in the exact pin to pin location as they are manufactured (as I only did one cable at a time) I noticed that a few of the cables were in, well funny positions and the cable doesn't sit flat.

So does it matter where each individual pin is in each plug or can these be altered to sit flat? 

I'm not understanding what you mean by this? What do you mean by they don't sit flat? Can you upload a photograph of the cables to show what you mean?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Ok so if the solid 8 pin end that plugs into the PSU is like

OXOO

OOOO

Pin X on the 6+2 end is located

OOO-X

OOO-O

Then there's

OOXO

OOOO

Which goes to

OOO-O

OOO-X

And so on, this making the cables not sit flat in the long run.

I'll send a photo when I get home

Thanks for the help though

Pretty sure my solution will be to just get some cable combs because I ghettoed some out of cable ties and it looks a treat compared to before.

Thanks for the help though