HELP!!

xXbunnyXx

So I just spent a few hours building my first pc today. It was working fine, it posted and I installed all the drivers. I reset my computer to go into the bios to make sure the temps and fans were running okay, and then all the sudden it shut down and resbooted back up itself except now I have no video input what so ever!!! It’s not my monitor and I don’t think it’s the motherboard. I’ve tried different Pcie slots and double checked to make sure no power cords were loose. Could it be that my gpu died suddenly? Please help 

sincerely 

broken hearted gamer ???

Can you connect the monitor to the motherboard rather than the video card?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Omg!!!! Idk why I didn’t think of that!!!! Just tried it and it worked!!!! I guess the video card is dead then huh?

2 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

Omg!!!! Idk why I didn’t think of that!!!! Just tried it and it worked!!!! I guess the video card is dead then huh?

That could be it.

I would start by installing and checking all connections, esp power and if modular PSU check PSU side connection too.

Does your PC pick it up when installed but your outputting video through the motherboard?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

You need to try your graphics card on a different system to make sure.

Just now, zhubaohi said:

You need to try your graphics card on a different system to make sure.

Unfortunately this is the only system I have ??

Have you tried clearing the BIOS? I had a problem where it looked like the board was toast because I got the 5 beep code and on Gigabyte boards that means CPU failure. I had 2 chips for that paticular board, both times failed to post. Had some debris and then bent pin, fixed all that, still no post. Reset CMOS, posts, even played fortnight for the guy who bought it from me.

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

That’s also what I was trying to find in the bios is if I can see my gpu (if that makes any since) I’ll have to check my psu as well. Well this is poop brand new dead gpu. Thank you ?? for the advice

before you write off the GPU, double check that it doesn't work by testing in a different system, friend or local PC shop. 

2 minutes ago, Sovek said:

Have you tried clearing the BIOS? I had a problem where it looked like the board was toast because I got the 5 beep code and on Gigabyte boards that means CPU failure. I had 2 chips for that paticular board, both times failed to post. Had some debris and then bent pin, fixed all that, still no post. Reset CMOS, posts, even played fortnight for the guy who bought it from me.

Clearing the bios? You mean like setting it back to default? I didn’t really change anything and it’s a brand new board if that’s what you mean. 

1 minute ago, Sovek said:

before you write off the GPU, double check that it doesn't work by testing in a different system, friend or local PC shop. 

If it’s the case that it happens to work on a different pc what do you think it could be?

what board do you have? there should be two pins on the board labled CMOS CLR or something like that. Jumper those two pins with a screwdriver/something metal and it resets it. 

As to cause.... could be any number of things, board problem (check with different GPU in your current board), BIOS, faulty power connects, ect. 

1 minute ago, Sovek said:

what board do you have? there should be two pins on the board labled CMOS CLR or something like that. Jumper those two pins with a screwdriver/something metal and it resets it. 

It’s an ASUS z390 H board

16 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

That could be it.

I would start by installing and checking all connections, esp power and if modular PSU check PSU side connection too.

Does your PC pick it up when installed but your outputting video through the motherboard?

I just looked in the device manager and it’s got the exclamation mark next to PCI device

E88F4C51-C753-4879-8053-7F78805B2C32.jpeg

5 minutes ago, xXbunnyXx said:

It’s an ASUS z390 H board

bottom of the board there are two 2 pin jumpers/headers. The one on the right is your chassis intrusion switch header, the other is the clear CMOS  jumper, Turn off and unplug the computer, then jumper those two pins. If this doesnt clear the issue, remove the CMOS battery and jumper it again.

That could be for missing drivers since you're likely running on the iGPU, which windows only has a basic driver for.  Whats interesting is the problems on the PCI slots, which your GPU is in....

bottom of the board there are two 2 pin jumpers/headers. The one on the right is your chassis intrusion switch header, the other is the clear CMOS  jumper, Turn off and unplug the computer, then jumper those two pins. If this doesnt clear the issue, remove the CMOS battery and jumper it again.

So should I try jumping it? Before I jumped to conclusion of a dead gpu?

That could be for missing drivers since you're likely running on the iGPU, which windows only has a basic driver for. 

And also another question do you think the power cord going to the gpu itself could be bad?