Refilling a Corsair H80i

Go to solution Solved by FlpDaMattress,

update, in following @Mehmy's advice, i accidentally drowned the motor for the pump and it hasn't worked since. Completely my fault, i should've done more reading before i went for this.

Moral of the story, don't jump into things blind.

Just to clear things up before people get mad, The cooler was plugged in with a molex adapter and ran almost every day full tilt for at least 4 years. The cooler was clogged beyond use and wasn't adequate for a 4790k anyway. A Cooler Master ML240 RGB has already taken it's place.

Alright, A few hours ago i tried removing the base plate of a clogged Corsair H80i to try flipping it on Craigslist or something. I unknowingly dumped the old coolant, extremely yellow and full of particles, down the drain.

I've watched some rebuild tutorials of people preserving the original coolant with a syringe or not draining it at all.

The cooler doesn't have a fill port, how in gods name do i refill this thing?

(pic before i cleaned it)

20190224_142822.jpg.4299cb0cb73021596403af798a48c2dd.jpg

Pour in coolant while holding the open part at the top. Move the rad about to get all the air out, then carefully screw in the baseplate when you're sure it's full.

That said, if you don't use a very high percentage of propylene glycol (Think some popular AiO's have 40-50% mixes nowadays) you'll end up with corrosion up the wazoo and it'll spring a leak sooner rather than later since I believe the rad is aluminium. 

update, in following @Mehmy's advice, i accidentally drowned the motor for the pump and it hasn't worked since. Completely my fault, i should've done more reading before i went for this.

Moral of the story, don't jump into things blind.