H80i Mounting issue |

xtr650
Go to solution Solved by Blai5e,

FYI: The screws for radiators are normally UNC 6-32 if you're seeking replacements and lengths are normally 30mm (long) or 5mm (short).

Just a quick dumb question.

i'm swapping cases and the screws are just slightly too small to make a connection. Would it be fine to have the actual radiator touch/mount to the case with just a single fan pushing air through it out. Just a bit confused if it transfers any electrical current.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/GUiWH6L.jpg

I'm terrible at explaining so basically how its setup there with the radiator mounted where the exhaust fans for the case usually go.

Yeah you should be fine, just careful with screw length, the included long screws are meant to be long enough to get through a fan, so without one they could screw into the fins (or worse the veins) of your radiator. 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I think that the H80i comes with only long screws, you could take the washers off of them to get some extra length, but as far as I remember short screws weren't included (at least when I built a computer with it)

22 hours ago, Konrad_K said:

I think that the H80i comes with only long screws, you could take the washers off of them to get some extra length, but as far as I remember short screws weren't included (at least when I built a computer with it)

Sadly even with the washers off there isn't enough length. It'll screw in for a thread or two before falling out. I have a screw kit with small screws that fit just nothing longer sadly

22 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah you should be fine, just careful with screw length, the included long screws are meant to be long enough to get through a fan, so without one they could screw into the fins (or worse the veins) of your radiator. 

Good to know. Thank you.

FYI: The screws for radiators are normally UNC 6-32 if you're seeking replacements and lengths are normally 30mm (long) or 5mm (short).

On 2/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, Blai5e said:

You are a life saver.