fans running loud

keatond27

im having a hard time hearing things in game because my fans are running very loud. i tried to turn down the graphics card fan speeds and it helped a little but not fully. is there a driver that i can download that will help the fan speeds? thanks.

If your fan speeds are super high, maybe temps are too. Have you checked to see what's hot and what's not? Airflow could be choked on something.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If your fan speeds are super high, maybe temps are too. Have you checked to see what's hot and what's not? Airflow could be choked on something.

my temps are fine but even idle my fans are super loud. its been doing it ever sence i put on a fan splitter for my fans

Just now, keatond27 said:

my temps are fine but even idle my fans are super loud. its been doing it ever sence i put on a fan splitter for my fans

In that case check out the BIOS of your motherboard for fan speed. What model is it? You should be able to find some good info on Google.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

In that case check out the BIOS of your motherboard for fan speed. What model is it? You should be able to find some good info on Google.

its a msib350m gaming pro

41 minutes ago, keatond27 said:

What fans are you using and what header did you plug them into?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.