Low budget rig

Hi guys!

So I finally convinced my friend to move to PC gaming. Of course I'm the only one that knows something about computers, so I have to build his rig.

His budget is 1000$ (including keyboard and monitor) He doesn't play any new games, mostly IndieGames like Minecraft and FreeToPlay like TF2

I was thinking about this:

CPU i3 3220 3,3Ghz

GPU AMD 7770

PSU Corsair CX 430W

RAM 8GB Kingston HyperX

HDD 500GB something

M/B No idea at the moment, but something cheap

Case Fractal Core 3000 / Fractal define R4 / BitPhenix Prodogy (If he decides for a mATX size)

Monitor: No Idea either, but nothing above 20inch

I would like to throw in there an SSD (60GB at least)

Advices?

I suck at spelling, sorry

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

You can get way better than that for that much... Here's a pretty good bang for your buck system, though you can change any part of it to your liking -

CPU - AMD FX - 6100 6-core $119

Mobo - ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 $60

PSU - Silverstone Strider 500W ST50F-ES $59

HDD - WD blue 1Tb, or any drive you want really... $69

GPU - MSI Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC - $229

Any RAM you want, around $70

Samsung 840 series 120GB SSD (boot drive) $99

Adds up to $704.00 So that leaves you a fair bit of head room for a case and a monitor, both of those are personal choices so that is up to you. The mobo could maybe fit in a smaler form factor case.. But it depends which one.

Things to change could be a cheaper SSD, better MOBO, a better CPU in the AMD series (better performance/price), get a Hyper 212 as a cpu cooler if you want, theyre only like $30... But that should start you off nicely.

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

Thanks!

I'll change something, so an IPS monitor will fit in the budget, but the AMD build is really much cheaper.

Anyway, anything will make a night-day difference. He is using an Eee laptop which is a piece of junk!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Sm3g

Leave you with about 170 for a monitor and keyboard. Does he need a mouse and speakers? Does he need windows (I included windows install)

Summer build: I7-4770K @ 4.5GHz, 4x4GB (Alternative black/red) DDR3 1600MHz, HD 7970GHz Water blocked, XSPC res/pump combo, 2 dual 120MM radiators, Corsair 350D Case, Corsair AX860I 80+ Gold PSU, custom red individually sleeved cables, red tubing w/ silver/chrome compression fittings, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD, ASrock Z87 MATX professional board, and a Corsair Vengeance K60 keyboard.

Thats also a great suggestion

No, he doesn't need mouse and speakers, he got' em. About windows, he told me that he will get his eyepatch... (wink wink).

I'll probably go with Intel build, even through AMD is cheaper, because his friend "will have an Intel processor for him in the future" whatever that means.

And also worth mentioning: I live in Poland and everything is a bit more expensive here (add about 150$ to your price)

• 2 weeks later...

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=30489908

PS: $1000 is not a low budget.  :lol:

Hope this helps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.