i9 issues

Go to solution Solved by Code.016,
2 minutes ago, k1guy said:

No don't buy it. it will just a waste of money. if i were you, go to your local retailer and ask them to assist you with the update. 

hey LTT forum today i come to you with a need for help.

just yesterday i started to assemble my new pc:

• H100X water cooler

• S340 NZXT case

• 16 GB 3200 Hyper X RAM

• 240GB NVME SSD

• 1TB HDD

• MSI Aero 1080 8GB

• i9-9900k cpu

• z370XP sli gigabyte motherboard

when my pc turns on all my water cooling and lighting works however my pc isn't posting and in 15 seconds it turns itself off.

could this be down to my z370 motherboard not recognising my cpu?

if so what can i do to update my bios either at home or at a pc store.

have you check your GPU and its cables to your monitor? try running first using the onboard video connectors. see it if will work.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

Download the latest bios for your board and put it on a usb stick. Then get a 8th gen cpu put it in and install the latest bios on your usb and try again with your 9900k

Edit: do what @Code.016 said before

Edited by Mephi00

10 minutes ago, Code.016 said:

have you check your GPU and its cables to your monitor? try running first using the onboard video connectors. see it if will work.

100% checked my GPU connections run my graphics from the MOBO and still it cuts out 20 seconds in with no post

10 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

Download the latest bios for your board and put it on a usb stick. Then get a 8th gen cpu put it in and install the latest bios on your usb and try again with your 9900k

Edit: do what @Code.016 said before

already downloaded the latest bios pre-build but i dont have a spare 8th gen processor is there any companies who will update your bios for you?

i mean... i wouldn't run a 9900k on it, but that aside... you'll need to get a bios update, with a 8th gen chip

Just now, k1guy said:

already downloaded the latest bios pre-build but i dont have a spare 8th gen processor is there any companies who will update your bios for you?

local hardware shops, the retailer you bought it from

@ k1guy They should be able to assist you with the bios update. but before you drop by, be sure that you dont missed any power cables on your mobo. try removing your hard drive and reboot your system and see if you can boot into bios. if not, then do the bios update.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

1 minute ago, k1guy said:

you could

or just ask the retailer you bought the motherboard or a local retailer, choise is yours

2 minutes ago, k1guy said:

No don't buy it. it will just a waste of money. if i were you, go to your local retailer and ask them to assist you with the update. 

Flash (update) your bios and you will be just fine 

(You will need to install an older cpu though to do so)

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.