How to achieve 4K@60Hz with Intel Graphic UHD 630 or GT710 graphic card

pbt1808

Hi,

My desktop PC at work comes with Gigabyte z370m d3h motherboard, Intel Graphic UHD 630 and a GT 710 graphic card.

I'm now having trouble with my new monitor (Dell U3818DW, 3840 x 1600) stuck at 30Hz and it's really annoying. 

All HDMI ports on the GT 710 and the motherboard don't seem to work for my current resolution. There is a type C, usb 3.1 gen 1 port on the board (according to the specs) and I tried to connect it to usb-c port on the monitor but it didn't work either. What frustrates me even more is that my Dell laptop XPS 9370 can easily connect to the monitor via a usb-c to usb-c cable and I can get my desired refresh rate at 3840 x 1600, not to mention the laptop only has Intel graphic card UHD 620. 

Is there anyway I can make this work with my desktop PC? Thanks a lot!

3840x2160 at 60Hz supported over HDMI.

3840x2160 at 60Hz supported over DisplayPort.

as of Nvidia website.

Well the gt710 does support 4k60 but due to the lack of hdmi2.0 you have to use YCbCr 4:2:0 subsampling which is basically a low bandwidth version of the real deal (4:4:4). That option should be in the drivers somewhere.

5 hours ago, Ansuex said:

Do you have a displayport in that GT710 graphics card? I would try that

Yeah sadly, GT710 only has HDMI, VGA and DVI. The HDMI cables I used came with the monitor itself and I'm quite sure its HDMI 2.0. 

I suppose its the ports which are the bottleneck here...I tried to use the usb-c port but it didn't work. I'm not really an expert on this topic but apparently my usb-c port needs to support Alternate Mode (I'm not sure how to check if it does) for me to use it to connect to my monitor.

3 hours ago, GrumpyJim said:

Well the gt710 does support 4k60 but due to the lack of hdmi2.0 you have to use YCbCr 4:2:0 subsampling which is basically a low bandwidth version of the real deal (4:4:4). That option should be in the drivers somewhere.

That's cool. I'll try that out. Thanks:). Although I might not be able to stand compromised quality and end up upgrading my graphic card haha..

On 2/19/2019 at 4:32 PM, pbt1808 said:

That's cool. I'll try that out. Thanks:). Although I might not be able to stand compromised quality and end up upgrading my graphic card haha..

I've heard worse excuses ?