First pc build looking for advice

Jord179001
4 minutes ago, Jord179001 said:

I bought the gpu s for 500 for the pair and I chose the msi board because it seemed like a good value for the money and it was  on sale 

How much did you pay for the board? Also, what's your currency/country?

You won't get much out of the two 1070's since there is basically no SLI support.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, Jord179001 said:

I am in Canada and 200 for the mother board 

I guess that's pretty good, especially with how high CA prices are. The two 1070s for 500 was a good deal, I must say. Are you planning to play 1080p? What games are you playing, and what framerates do you want to get?

Also just a heads up, make sure you're quoting us. People don't get notifications when you don't quote them. I wouldn't of seen that you responded without checking the page. Just click the arrow in our comment boxes (by the plus, share, and report/caution buttons).

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Sorry about that currently I am not playing anything I am building this pc because my ps4 died on me and I am tired of Consol gaming so I am switching back to pc gaming I would like to play tomb raider and games of that nature . As far as Resolution goes I would like to be playing at 4K and maybe try out vr or build a driving sim set up and if I could see a 20 to 25 percent increase with sli I would be happy for now because I had the chance to get the 1070s for the price I did I would like to use them some people I know are telling me to sell them and get a 1080 but from the stuff I have seen two 1070s in sli can preform as good as a 1080 or better in some cases 

11 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I guess that's pretty good, especially with how high CA prices are. The two 1070s for 500 was a good deal, I must say. Are you planning to play 1080p? What games are you playing, and what framerates do you want to get?

Also just a heads up, make sure you're quoting us. People don't get notifications when you don't quote them. I wouldn't of seen that you responded without checking the page. Just click the arrow in our comment boxes (by the plus, share, and report/caution buttons).

Sorry about that currently I am not playing anything I am building this pc because my ps4 died on me and I am tired of Consol gaming so I am switching back to pc gaming I would like to play tomb raider and games of that nature . As far as Resolution goes I would like to be playing at 4K and maybe try out vr or build a driving sim set up and if I could see a 20 to 25 percent increase with sli I would be happy for now because I had the chance to get the 1070s for the price I did I would like to use them some people I know are telling me to sell them and get a 1080 but from the stuff I have seen two 1070s in sli can preform as good as a 1080 or better in some cases 

1 minute ago, Jord179001 said:

The 1070's can't manage 4k...

Like I said, SLI isn't that great because of the low support in games for it. I think you should go for 1440p. It's a sweet spot, doesn't cost as much as 4k and still looks great.

You could sell the two 1070s and then get a single card that will be good for 1440p (the 1070 isn't the best for it), like an RTX 2060. You could even sell your motherboard and make some profit because of the sale you got it on. Get a Ryzen motherboard and CPU and save money.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The 1070's can't manage 4k...

Like I said, SLI isn't that great because of the low support in games for it. I think you should go for 1440p. It's a sweet spot, doesn't cost as much as 4k and still looks great.

You could sell the two 1070s and then get a single card that will be good for 1440p (the 1070 isn't the best for it), like an RTX 2060. You could even sell your motherboard and make some profit because of the sale you got it on. Get a Ryzen motherboard and CPU and save money.

Respectfully I am going to just finish this build the money doesn’t really bother me . I mean I won’t go over the top with the spending but at this point I want to see what this set up will do and the buy and sell sites here suck no one pays in cash anymore lol everyone wants to trade there junk if I was to change my mind I would probably just hang onto the stuff for a different build 

2 minutes ago, Jord179001 said:

Respectfully I am going to just finish this build the money doesn’t really bother me . I mean I won’t go over the top with the spending but at this point I want to see what this set up will do and the buy and sell sites here suck no one pays in cash anymore lol everyone wants to trade there junk if I was to change my mind I would probably just hang onto the stuff for a different build 

All good.

Just know that your two 1070's can't manage 4k and will have some trouble with 1440p, so 1080p is a good option or 1440p for the few games that do support SLI.

Use ca.pcpartpicker.com for the lowest online prices and to make sure everything is going to work together.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

All good.

Just know that your two 1070's can't manage 4k and will have some trouble with 1440p, so 1080p is a good option or 1440p for the few games that do support SLI.

Use ca.pcpartpicker.com for the lowest online prices and to make sure everything is going to work together.

Sounds good thx 

8 hours ago, GateToTheFuture said:

Avoid everything except cosair, evga, seasonic or silverstone.

That is just nonsense.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, lee32uk said:

That is just nonsense.

As an experienced tech with 20 years of service my top power supply brands for reliability and longevity are as follows in no particular order.

1. Antec
  2. Silverstone
  3. Seasonic
  4. EVGA
  5. Corsair
  6. Be Quiet
  7. Cooler Master
  8. Sometimes (Thermaltake and Fractal)

I say this because I have actually witnessed someone dying because of a cheap Chinese knock off or off brand like Delta, short circuiting and electrocuting him.  You have your preferences and I have mine.

10 hours ago, GateToTheFuture said:

As an experienced tech with 20 years of service my top power supply brands for reliability and longevity are as follows in no particular order.

1. Antec
  2. Silverstone
  3. Seasonic
  4. EVGA
  5. Corsair
  6. Be Quiet
  7. Cooler Master
  8. Sometimes (Thermaltake and Fractal)

I say this because I have actually witnessed someone dying because of a cheap Chinese knock off or off brand like Delta, short circuiting and electrocuting him.  You have your preferences and I have mine.

So Antec is top of your list, but according to your previous statement they should be avoided ?

Also if you have 20 years of tech experience then you should know that Corsair, EVGA and Silverstone don't even make their own power supplies. They might have some input on the design but they are built by oem's such as CWT, SuperFlower and FSP etc. Out of the four you mentioned only Seasonic make power supplies. They also make for other brands i.e Antec. The Earthwatts Gold is based on the Focus Plus.

And as for Delta being an off brand ? They are one of the best oem's around.

One other thing. All the mentioned brands have crap units in their lineups (Even Seasonic) so it is not a good idea to say buy 'X' brand. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey every one got it up and running thanks for all the help and I am able to run the few games I have at 4K image.thumb.jpg.d0f444324eae257b65ba84511543af1d.jpg