First tower help!!!!

Okay, so I want my first tower, and  I just spent a good hour browsing differnt websites offering pre-builts and I'm more lost now than anything really.

I don't know what is good, and what is bad.  I just want a  clear answer, what would be a good gaming computer within the budget of 2000 bucks.

I'm not a  graphics whore, I'm more of an FPS whore. I just want the games to run good, they don't need to look good. So if I need to make some cuts with the budget, I'm willing to cut there.

I'm very lost and I'm just looking for any help to point me in the right way
Thanks for any help you can give <3

2 minutes ago, JJcarter21R said:

Okay, so I want my first tower, and  I just spent a good hour browsing differnt websites offering pre-builts and I'm more lost now than anything really.

I don't know what is good, and what is bad.  I just want a  clear answer, what would be a good gaming computer within the budget of 2000 bucks.

I'm not a  graphics whore, I'm more of an FPS whore. I just want the games to run good, they don't need to look good. So if I need to make some cuts with the budget, I'm willing to cut there.

I'm very lost and I'm just looking for any help to point me in the right way
Thanks for any help you can give ❤️

First off, Welcome to the forum! :)

Second, do you have any specific companies you like more then others? 

Third, is there a possibility I could convince you to build your own? While the system will perform about the same for the budget (maybe slightly better), you will almost always get higher quality components when building it yourself. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

To point you in the right way, every user on the forum is going to say to build your own, and you should

Its super easy and not a bad thing to know. If you can build a lego set, you can build a pc

For 2000 bucks you can get a 9700k and a 2080, which is fairly high end. What type of monitor do you intend playing on?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, JJcarter21R said:

I'm not a  graphics whore, I'm more of an FPS whore

for $2000 you'll definitely get both

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Brink2Three said:

First off, Welcome to the forum! :)

Second, do you have any specific companies you like more then others? 

Third, is there a possibility I could convince you to build your own? While the system will perform about the same for the budget (maybe slightly better), you will almost always get higher quality components when building it yourself. 

1)  Thank you so much! 

2) I pretty open  there

3) My fine motor skills are trashed. While building my own would be better, I  would most likely break something. Lol. I don't trust my self with such costly stuff. I know,  I would much rather build my own but oh well.  

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

To point you in the right way, every user on the forum is going to say to build your own, and you should

Its super easy and not a bad thing to know. If you can build a lego set, you can build a pc

For 2000 bucks you can get a 9700k and a 2080, which is fairly high end. What type of monitor do you intend playing on?

As I just now stated, my fine motor skills pretty much stop me from building my own.

As for monitor, I have a total of 3000$ in my tower fund, I'm going to look at monitors once I have a tower picked out

As I just now stated, my fine motor skills pretty much stop me from building my own.

Are we talking generally clumsy or are we talking parkinsons or something? Even still, a friend to help out wouldn't be so bad, and with one person building, a pair of extra hands, even shaky hands, are useful.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Are we talking generally clumsy or are we talking parkinsons or something? Even still, a friend to help out wouldn't be so bad, and with one person building, a pair of extra hands, even shaky hands, are useful.

In facs class it once took me 30 minutes to thread the needle, and that was my quickest time.

And I don't have friends irl 

In facs class it once took me 30 minutes to thread the needle, and that was my quickest time.

And I don't have friends irl 

well thankfully building a PC doesn't require the precision of something that small, for the most part. 

I can make a new parts list that would be a lot easier to work with, how good are you with a screwdriver? That would be the only challenging thing.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

well thankfully building a PC doesn't require the precision of something that small, for the most part. 

I can make a new parts list that would be a lot easier to work with, how good are you with a screwdriver? That would be the only challenging thing.

wait would that part list you provided before work? If so i'll just jump the shark and do it

1 minute ago, JJcarter21R said:

wait would that part list you provided before work? If so i'll just jump the shark and do it

Oh yeah, that part list would all work out of box. PCPartPicker.com has a built in compatibility filter, so you'd have to disable it to put parts together that don't work.

The PC case has glass so if that's something you were worried about it can be changed.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, JJcarter21R said:

1)  Thank you so much! 

2) I pretty open  there

3) My fine motor skills are trashed. While building my own would be better, I  would most likely break something. Lol. I don't trust my self with such costly stuff. I know,  I would much rather build my own but oh well.  

Since fine motor skills are not in your wheelhouse, I'll skip the back and forth of "Build your own" vs buy a prebuilt, and just link one. 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&amp;storeId=10151&amp;catalogId=10051&amp;catEntryId=3074457345618972819&amp;urlLangId=&amp;quantity=1&amp;jumpid=ma_omen-gaming_product-tile_desktops_1_4wp44av-1_omen-obelisk-desktop

Use this config page and change these options. (pasting the full name from their website 

Processor: 
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700

Memory: 
HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Optane:
(none)

Storage: 

256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Second Storage: 
2 TB 7200 rpm SATA

Graphics Card: 
NVIDIA ® GeForce ® RTX 2080 (8GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Power supply:
500 W Bronze efficiency power supply

Everything else you can leave as is. 

If you have a best buy, frys or other box computer store, you can go there and get a similar configuration. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Just now, fasauceome said:

Oh yeah, that part list would all work out of box. PCPartPicker.com has a built in compatibility filter, so you'd have to disable it to put parts together that don't work.

Sweet! thanks man, you're a hero!

Just now, Brink2Three said:

Since fine motor skills are not in your wheelhouse, I'll skip the back and forth of "Build your own" vs buy a prebuilt, and just link one. 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?langId=-1&amp;storeId=10151&amp;catalogId=10051&amp;catEntryId=3074457345618972819&amp;urlLangId=&amp;quantity=1&amp;jumpid=ma_omen-gaming_product-tile_desktops_1_4wp44av-1_omen-obelisk-desktop

Use this config page and change these options. (pasting the full name from their website 

Processor: 
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700

Memory: 
HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Optane:
(none)

Storage: 

256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Second Storage: 
2 TB 7200 rpm SATA

Graphics Card: 
NVIDIA ® GeForce ® RTX 2080 (8GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Power supply:
500 W Bronze efficiency power supply

Everything else you can leave as is. 

If you have a best buy, frys or other box computer store, you can go there and get a similar configuration. 

Alright! I'll look at both! thanks guys!