Dell Latitude E6540 with no wifi & w/ BT 4.0?

medic1075

I am looking into purchasing an off-lease Dell Latitude E6540.  The specs show:

Wireless LAN Not Included
Bluetooth Module Bluetooth 4.0

Is this possible?  After looking around on line, I cannot find a Bluetooth module that doesn't include WiFi capabilities.

If it doesn't have WiFi and I decided to add it, will I also need an antenna or does dell automatically install them in all of the laptops?

I have not seen a laptop without Wi-Fi for over 20 years, and especially sinds Centrino.

The model number often has some additional numbers to it, regarding configuration. Look that up, and you'll find that the laptop will have Wi-Fi.

That or I'm going to look like a fool hahaha

No signature found

3 hours ago, RobbinM said:

I have not seen a laptop without Wi-Fi for over 20 years, and especially sinds Centrino.

The model number often has some additional numbers to it, regarding configuration. Look that up, and you'll find that the laptop will have Wi-Fi.

That or I'm going to look like a fool hahaha

No other model info is available from Dell.  I get the basic list of specs & condition grade only. I decided it was likely a listing error and went ahead with the purchase.  For the price, having to purchase & install a mini-PCIE card is no big deal.  I was just hoping to know sooner rather than later so I could make whatever purchases I need to.  Based on what I know, a Bluetooth mini-PCIE card without WiFi does not exist.  If it does, we will both look like a fool.

Quick update - the laptop arrived today.  Upon start-up it recognized multiple WiFi networks.  Once it started up I confirmed the presence of an Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260.  As I expected, the lack of WiFi was a typo in the listing.  I will admit that I do not expect a mistake like this from Dell.