printer printing blank pages

I setup this printer after not using it for a while. It did a print test and alignment just fine. I printed labels and they weren't fully printed, like it was running low on ink, and there was white lines throughout. After double checking the ink, I tried to print the labels again and it sent out a blank page. I did some troubleshooting, however, I've been unable to find or solve the problem. If anyone could help me figure this out, I would really appreciate it. It was just working fine. I would love to know what happened.

I have more than half a cartridge of black ink, and only black ink, although I have the other cartridges in their spot

I turned the printer off and on again.

I reset the factory settings.

I tried tried to print from the printer by using Align Printer and it still sends out only a blank page.

I have reinstalled the drivers and ran all test provided by HP.

I ran the printhead cleaner 3 times with 2nd level cleaning.

I took the ink cartridge out and touched it with a paper towel to confirm it wasn't dry.

I updated the firmware.

I changed the preference to print grayscale.

How long ago did you last use it?

Inkjet cartridge can and will dry out over time. Even if you've touched it with a paper towel in an attempt to see if it was dry or not.

I've literally just trashed my old printer today for this exact same issue. When touching the bottom with a paper towel, there was a bit of ink on it(especially after doing a nozzle clean), even more so if I used a "wet" towel(with 99% alcohol). But the "sponge" inside the cartridge was rock hard when I attempted to refill it.
Considering how rarely I print anything, I figured it would be cheaper for me in the long run to just pay the small fee for printing stuff at my local store... (it cost 11¢ per page at Staples... I'd have to print 400 pages to get anywhere near the cost of a new printer(like 40~50$).... I don't think I've ever printed that much)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 2/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, TetraSky said:

How long ago did you last use it?

Inkjet cartridge can and will dry out over time. Even if you've touched it with a paper towel in an attempt to see if it was dry or not.

I've literally just trashed my old printer today for this exact same issue. When touching the bottom with a paper towel, there was a bit of ink on it(especially after doing a nozzle clean), even more so if I used a "wet" towel(with 99% alcohol). But the "sponge" inside the cartridge was rock hard when I attempted to refill it.
Considering how rarely I print anything, I figured it would be cheaper for me in the long run to just pay the small fee for printing stuff at my local store... (it cost 11¢ per page at Staples... I'd have to print 400 pages to get anywhere near the cost of a new printer(like 40~50$).... I don't think I've ever printed that much)

It had been about two weeks since I last used it. I don't have another cartridge to try either. I've been looking for a reason to get a laser printer and I guess the time is now.

• 1 month later...
  • bad drivers can lead to blank page print outs if you feel confident it's not the ink. 
  • Possible print head issue. 

I would suggest uninstalling your printer drivers and downloading the latest drivers.