What laptop to get as a gift with $1500?

Now my sister wants to get a laptop for a husband as a birthday gift and she asked me. Thing is I have not been keeping up with the gaming laptops of the world or anything tech related for about 1.5 years. Even though I have been gone quite a short while a lot has happen and I am lost . I am thinking about telling her to get the Alienware 15 as they  have a discount going right now for their product. The configuration im going for has a $400 discount. It has a gtx 1060 6gb ddr5, i7-8750h intel core ,16gb ddr4 ram, 128gb SSD, 1TB hd, 1080p 60fps IPS monitor. It seems really good for its price. Should I tell her to get this or other brand? He likes to play game but also do normal web browsing and nothing hardcore. He does not like flashly or game looking laptop. I went for Dell also because they got a great customer service. I need the laptop company to have a great customer service and international warranty. Any recommendations would be very useful thank you very much!!! 

Where are you from? Budget? What games? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

15 minutes ago, ExquisiteH said:

Now my sister wants to get a laptop for a husband as a birthday gift and she asked me. Thing is I have not been keeping up with the gaming laptops of the world or anything tech related for about 1.5 years. Even though I have been gone quite a short while a lot has happen and I am lost . I am thinking about telling her to get the Alienware 15 as they  have a discount going right now for their product. The configuration im going for has a $400 discount. It has a gtx 1060 6gb ddr5, i7-8750h intel core ,16gb ddr4 ram, 128gb SSD, 1TB hd, 1080p 60fps IPS monitor. It seems really good for its price. Should I tell her to get this or other brand? He likes to play game but also do normal web browsing and nothing hardcore. He does not like flashly or game looking laptop. I went for Dell also because they got a great customer service. I need the laptop company to have a great customer service and international warranty. Any recommendations would be very useful thank you very much!!! 

Honestly, I'd stay away from anything Alienware. 

Asus Strix II & Asus Zephyrus looks nice without looking flashy

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? What games? Any preference on weight and battery life?

I am from singapore but my sister's husband is born in sweden. They both kinda travel alot so that is why I told her to get laptop and not a desktop to game in and also why I need one with international warranty. TBH he only plays dota 2 and maybe other games but for him his graphics dont matter as long as it hits over 60fps and it can play games. Weight does not matter he likes to workout and lift heavy things and he would probably like it if it was heavy and battery wise I guess if i can be used for like 4-6 hours of web browsing usage

4 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Honestly, I'd stay away from anything Alienware. 

Asus Strix II & Asus Zephyrus looks nice without looking flashy

well I thought I would have asked her to go for it since I also had a alienware like few years ago and they had a great customer service and warranty.

Edit= Also Asus seems to be way more expensive . I just need a laptop that does play game at medium settings at 60 fps or more 

1 minute ago, ExquisiteH said:

well I thought I would have asked her to go for it since I also had a alienware like few years ago and they had a great customer service and warranty.

Well they are often heavy and way overpriced. 

And their service has been acting up lately (though i can't vouch for that, knowing from online reports)

I mean, Asus Zenbook UX533 series has really good specs and impressive design, IMO. And Asus Zephyrus is really thin for such a powerful pack (i think it used to be the thinnest monster gaming laptop in the world)

@Its Not Important well tbh thinness is definitely not a feature i'm looking for in a laptop. I notice it bumps up the price higher way more also some may have heat releasing issues. But I get what you mean

5 minutes ago, ExquisiteH said:

@Its Not Important well tbh thinness is definitely not a feature i'm looking for in a laptop. I notice it bumps up the price higher way more also some may have heat releasing issues. But I get what you mean

Well, seeing your fondness of traveling makes me think about it. 

If it's really not an issue, I'd suggest to look into Asus ROG lineup, MSI gaming laptops, and HP Omen. 

Personally, i like the Asus Strix GL553/VD or Asus Strix II GL504/GM. Their only difference is their generation which might affect price, especially in SEA.

@Its Not Important thx . TBH my sister and her husband do travel but more like airplane style and as long as its able to be put in a bag it should be good. Also I will check into the laptops you recommended but maybe not MSI. Their looks are kinda too gaming but will still look. Also in terms of price my budget is still at 1500$ USD and I will be buying online most likely. Alot of the shops here in SEA tend to make the prices way more expensive then it is.

1 hour ago, ExquisiteH said:

I am from singapore but my sister's husband is born in sweden

So you're buying in which country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

13 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

So you're buying in which country?

Sorry for late reply went to sleep. I am gonna buy online from Singapore most likely or either going to a local dealer to buy the game . But  I do know I need the laptop to come with international warranty  

6 hours ago, ExquisiteH said:

I am gonna buy online from Singapore most likely or either going to a local dealer

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

@GeneXiS_X well tbh my online shopping is just  amazon lol. Unless I can buy the gaming laptop direct from its website like alienware

I assumed that your budget is around 2000 SGD? If that's the case, AW15 is way out of budget

If he really needs 1060 GPU: Lenovo Legion Y530 customize or Dell G7 (low sRGB FHD IPS)

Upgrade RAM and storage by your own if not enough

Does he really need a 1060 to play games though

Desktop specs:

Spoiler