OnePlus 6T questions

Donut417

My OnePlus 3T has been kinda acting up latley. With laging and the fact that Bluetooth fails horribly most of the time. Looking at the 6T, I see according to OnePlus.net that it includes a screen protector and case. I was currous about the quality of these items? I got the essentials kit with the 3T and the screen protector lasted about a year. The case was so so in terms of quality though Im still using it. 

I have other questions: 

• Would the DASH charger and cord from the 3T work with fast charging the 6T?
  • How well does the in screen finger print reader work? 
  • How well does it perform on the T Mobile network? 
  • How well does the face unlock work? Is it secure?

Im considering a few devices. Ive looked at the Razor phone though I think its gamer esk for me. Ive even considered an iPhone as my sister has one and its the first phone she hasn't bitched about fucking up.  Im open to other suggests as well, NO SAMSUG devices however. Had a bad experience back in the day, my sister had a bad experience with her last one, and my mom also had a bad experience. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Looking at the 6T, I see according to OnePlus.net that it includes a screen protector and case.

Are you referring to the Mclaren Edition 6T, or the normal one?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Geography said:

Are you referring to the Mclaren Edition 6T, or the normal one?

Normal one. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Normal one. 

Okay... I have the Mclaren 6T (which is obviously better than the normal one), and here's some things I like/dislike about it:

- The screen has a low resolution, however it does get quite bright

- The included case feels pretty nice in my hand

- Face unlock is pretty fast, and so is the fingerprint reader

- The build quality is pretty good, albeit not as good as iPhones

- The camera is terrible, kinda like most other Android phones (don't quote me on this)

- It's got pretty fast storage and lots of RAM (the normal one has 8GB I believe)

I honestly don't recommend getting the 6T. Spend a little more money and buy an iPhone (an iPhone X, XS, or XS Max).

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Geography said:

Okay... I have the Mclaren 6T (which is obviously better than the normal one), and here's some things I like/dislike about it:

- The included case feels pretty nice in my hand

- Face unlock is pretty fast, and so is the fingerprint reader

- The build quality is pretty good, albeit not as good as iPhones

- The camera is terrible, kinda like most other Android phones (don't quote me on this)

- It's got pretty fast storage and lots of RAM (the normal one has 8GB I believe)

I honestly don't recommend getting the 6T. Spend a little more money and buy an iPhone (an iPhone X, XS, or XS Max).

The 6T has a FHD+ screen, the camera is good, and do NOT compare android phones to iPhones, they are not for the same market, at ALL. One is for the brand or OS, the other is for control and customisability or whatever it's spelled.

Just now, _CrisisRogue said:

The 6T has a FHD+ screen, the camera is good, and do NOT compare android phones to iPhones, they are not for the same market, at ALL. One is for the brand or OS, the other is for control and customisability or whatever it's spelled.

For the record I was not comparing Android to iOS. I just said I was considering an iPhone. Also Apple and Android are competing platforms so yeah they are in the same market. It just comes down to features an OS at this point. But like I state, "Considering" is not the same as buying. This thread is about information on the OnePlus 6T as Im considering that as well. Im just kinda disappointed that the 3T didnt last me more than about 2 years before it started having issues. 

1 minute ago, _CrisisRogue said:

The 6T has a FHD+ screen

FHD+ is not quite a "high resolution". 

2 minutes ago, _CrisisRogue said:

the camera is good,

Do you have a 6T? I think not. The physical camera might be good, but Android phones tend to have "selfie cameras" that apply crappy filters causing certain colours to pop out more than they should.

2 minutes ago, _CrisisRogue said:

do NOT compare android phones to iPhones, they are not for the same market, at ALL. One is for the brand or OS, the other is for control and customisability or whatever it's spelled.

That's BS. iPhones can be customized plenty with a jailbreak (and same goes for Android phones after rooting). And it's not just about the brand, iOS has a much cleaner looking graphical interface than stock Android IMO. And what evidence do you have suggesting that Android phones and iPhones are for different markets?

OP: Get an iPhone. Even I'm gonna sell my 6T soon.

2 hours ago, Geography said:

Do you have a 6T? I think not. The physical camera might be good, but Android phones tend to have "selfie cameras" that apply crappy filters causing certain colours to pop out more than they should.

That's BS. iPhones can be customized plenty with a jailbreak (and same goes for Android phones after rooting). And it's not just about the brand, iOS has a much cleaner looking graphical interface than stock Android IMO. And what evidence do you have suggesting that Android phones and iPhones are for different markets?

well all your other points are done, because installing the Pixel Experience launchers fixes the camera.. Also, the iphone XS is in 2436x1125, not too far ahead of 2280x1080. The iPhone XR is even lower than the 6T, by a lot.

3 hours ago, Geography said:

Spend a little more money and buy an iPhone (an iPhone X, XS, or XS Max).

As long as its not $1000. LOL. 

3 hours ago, Geography said:

if the 6T sucks that much give it to me, I'll pay shipping. lol

12 hours ago, _CrisisRogue said:

You don't have a 6T, so you don't know what you're talking about.

You're just arguing by looking at a specs sheet.

19 hours ago, Geography said:

- No, the Resolution is average standard. Low would be 720p, some flaggships getting 1440p. Resolution is just fine.

- Camera is NOT terrible, it's far above average. It is very good, and comes quite close to the absolute top dogs. It doesn't reach them in average (some single shots can be better, see those many reviews), but comes close. Even more with GCam Port.

- Base model is 128gb / 6gb Ram. 30 Bucks more for 8gb Ram and additional color options (matte black and thunder purple).

iPhones use a different OS, and can't really be compared that simple. If he's fine with iOS, it's a valid option, but it will be far more expensive.

Actually, you seem to own a 6t, and you too don't seem to know what you're talking about, if you don't even know the specs, or claim the camera to be terrible. Look at EVERY comparison from big youtubers, they will all tell you otherwise and proof it.

I see some valid points above, however. 1) I did not notice a big difference in resolution from my LG G3 (1440p) and the OnePlus 3T(1080p). 2) I dont really give two cares about cameras, I frankly dont take that many pictures and all my previous phones did fine. On top of that I dont do selfies as I dont like my picture taken. Most pictures with me have a middle finger in them. 

What I care about is longevity. My sister has had issues with ever Android device she has ever had. However, she has had the iPhone 8 for over a year without an issue. Which is why I was kinda considering the iPhone X, which looks to be around $750 or so. Im a little disappointed that my 3T has really only lasted me a little over 2 years. Considering my LG G3 lasted over 3. Out of all the Android devices I have had however, OnePlus has been my favorite. I like Oxygen OS, it seems to be pretty stock with One Plus's flair added. ALso, they are one of the few manufactures that seem to update their devices regularly. 

@Darkseth you do make a valid point about cost. The OnePlus 6T with 6 Gigs of ram is not much more than what I paid for my 3T. The issue is id have to order it from OnePlus directly, because the TMobile version according to the TMobile forums is quite a bit out of date in terms of software compared to the one you get from One Plus directly.  Where as Apple controls updates on all their devices, so I could actually put X amount down and finance the rest. 

Was talking to my friend yesterday and he said some of the newer Samsung devices are actually not shit. Though not sure if I would take a chance. 

Oneplus 6t is now officially sold by T-Mobile, and they seem to offer a pretty high discount if you trade in another phone (WAY higher, than what Oneplus gives you directly, which is a joke). That could be a Huge cost benefit.

Otherwise, you won't make a bad choice if you want to hop over to iOS.

The higher Price can be mostly countered by the high resale price. Just check Ebay etc, what a 24 months old iPhone is still worth, especially if you take a higher storage option.

Also, 5+ Years updates without any wait is also a good factor to keep your iPhone much longer relevant (if we consider you don't want an outdated OS) than an Android phone.

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

Oneplus 6t is now officially sold by T-Mobile, and they seem to offer a pretty high discount if you trade in another phone (WAY higher, than what Oneplus gives you directly, which is a joke). That could be a Huge cost benefit.

Yeah BUT the software on the T Mobile supplied device is out of date compared to the one directly from One Plus. At least according to the T Mobile forums. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Donut417 said:

My OnePlus 3T has been kinda acting up latley. With laging and the fact that Bluetooth fails horribly most of the time. Looking at the 6T, I see according to OnePlus.net that it includes a screen protector and case. I was currous about the quality of these items? I got the essentials kit with the 3T and the screen protector lasted about a year. The case was so so in terms of quality though Im still using it. 

I have other questions: 

• Would the DASH charger and cord from the 3T work with fast charging the 6T?
  • How well does the in screen finger print reader work? 
  • How well does it perform on the T Mobile network? 
  • How well does the face unlock work? Is it secure?

Im considering a few devices. Ive looked at the Razor phone though I think its gamer esk for me. Ive even considered an iPhone as my sister has one and its the first phone she hasn't bitched about fucking up.  Im open to other suggests as well, NO SAMSUG devices however. Had a bad experience back in the day, my sister had a bad experience with her last one, and my mom also had a bad experience. 

The screen protector on the OnePlus 6t is as good as any other screen protector but the case is a high quality hard silicone case (but kind of an ugly gray) but I can't say you'll get the same case since I got the 256 GB and 8 GB ram midnight black