CCNA Lab Help

Rehmat
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
4 minutes ago, Rehmat said:

@Lurick i saw quite a few labs that had multiple routers connected through network switches. wondering how that works

Not really sure what the current CCNA blueprint looks like but I know they pushed down OSPF and other stuff into it a while back so I assume that's still there. Multiple routers could be for load balancing, multiple connections out to practice with adjusting priority/metrics for routing protocols and whatnot, or a whole host of other things.

Hi there

Does anybody know why a ccna lab has 2 or  more routers?

Server 1:  CPU: i3 2100T  SSD: 840EVO MOBO: DQ67OW NIC: i340 -T4

Server 2:  CPU: Pentium D  MOBO: Dell Dimension 5150

Switch 1: Netgear GS108

Switch 2: Cisco 3500

Most are designed around going past just the CCNA and usually toss in extra routers for the CCNP studies as well, or for extra practice.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@Lurick i saw quite a few labs that had multiple routers connected through network switches. wondering how that works

Server 1:  CPU: i3 2100T  SSD: 840EVO MOBO: DQ67OW NIC: i340 -T4

Server 2:  CPU: Pentium D  MOBO: Dell Dimension 5150

Switch 1: Netgear GS108

Switch 2: Cisco 3500

4 minutes ago, Rehmat said:

Not really sure what the current CCNA blueprint looks like but I know they pushed down OSPF and other stuff into it a while back so I assume that's still there. Multiple routers could be for load balancing, multiple connections out to practice with adjusting priority/metrics for routing protocols and whatnot, or a whole host of other things.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Thats exactly why. 

OSPF, BGP, EIGRP. To honestly lab it you need multiple routers to fully show you understand the protocols. 

15 hours ago, Lurick said:

CCNA also goes into tunneling so you would need multiple routers for this too.
From what I remember from the ICND 2 exam there where a lot of labs where they had 2 offices with both a router and a serial link or something else between them where there was an tunnel.

4 hours ago, Levisallanon said:

CCNA also goes into tunneling so you would need multiple routers for this too.
From what I remember from the ICND 2 exam there where a lot of labs where they had 2 offices with both a router and a serial link or something else between them where there was an tunnel.

Mine had a lab of 8 routers with 4 of them having tunnels and you have to troubleshoot the tunnel and PPP.  

As a side note @Rehmat if you are going to take you CCNA, learn PPP and tunneling inside and out as well as SNMP. They are covered heavily.