Automatic repair couldn’t repair your pc

Aber
Go to solution Solved by Wolly9102,
7 minutes ago, Aber said:

It was yes.

Like others said, Use linux to get your files off the drive then try to repair it with a windows disk. Then it may work again. You also should check if the drive is still healthy. It shouldn't change by itself to another drive letter.

Hi all, so my pc is bricked and will not boot up. It keeps on blue screening them going into repair mode. It won’t even go into safe mode. Anyways I have tried several fixes such as entering commands in command prompt, trying to restore to an earlier version etc. nothing has worked. I even made a windows boot drive and though it appears I can freshly install windows, I would rather not lose all my data and keep the version I have. I also cannot use the drive to repair windows.

Does anyone have any ideas on what went wrong and how I can fix it? I have included pictures below. Thanks I’m advance!

also if my only option is to erase my computer and freshly install windows it’s not too big of a deal but I would rather not.

6D59548A-05DA-42B4-AE0B-0833F0777755.jpeg

8EE2BEB4-0950-42FA-AE4A-27A0BA08AB17.jpeg

4D6F8F34-CE89-4C6B-961F-E2C5C1AB622A.jpeg

FF92A982-2102-4FFB-A9EE-8E533A2AA091.jpeg

If you happen to have another HDD, you could install (or use) windows on it and try recovering the data on the first HDD by using a program like Recuva or EaseUS.

I'd recommend this if possible; for since you're installing/using windows to a different HDD, you aren't writing anything to the first. Then, after you've gotten the data off, you could wipe the first drive, install windows, and put the data back on.

First, I'd try using Recuva. I'm not sure if it'd work in this case, but it's very reputable. If it doesn't work, you could try EaseUS Recovery. I haven't used it, but it seems specifically made to do this type of thing.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Question: Why is your D drive containing windows?? that could be a reason you can't boot

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

2 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

Question: Why is your D drive containing windows?? that could be a reason you can't boot

Good question. I’m not sure, I don’t even know what the d drive is. Can I make a bootable Linux drive to move it back on the c drive?

Good question. I’m not sure, I don’t even know what the d drive is. Can I make a bootable Linux drive to move it back on the c drive?

bootable windows USB stick would also work

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/drive-letters-changed-windows-wont-boot-cant-go-to/8477eefc-b57a-4b42-b13a-471fb08e88fe

I found a silmilair issue, I suggest you try this.

Windows was installed on your C drive right? 

Main PC:

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Main Laptop

Second Laptop

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

I'd make a Linux boot (Linux Mint has a very windows-y UI if you just need something that works) and get your important files off before you do anything.

First backup, then try to fix it.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

2 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

bootable windows USB stick would also work

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/drive-letters-changed-windows-wont-boot-cant-go-to/8477eefc-b57a-4b42-b13a-471fb08e88fe

I found a silmilair issue, I suggest you try this.

Windows was installed on your C drive right? 

It was yes.

2 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

@OP, I agree with Linker. Download a live Linux ISO and burn it onto a usb stick. Mint or Ubuntu, it doesn't matter. Then you get your files away and only then attempt any repairs.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/burn.html

Linux mint specific installation guide, though instead of using Etcher, I would use

this, as it is a lighter program that doesn't need to be installed, though if you don't feel confident enough to use it, Etcher will work just fine.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

It was yes.

Like others said, Use linux to get your files off the drive then try to repair it with a windows disk. Then it may work again. You also should check if the drive is still healthy. It shouldn't change by itself to another drive letter.

Main PC:

Main Laptop

Second Laptop

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

I think what I’ll do is boot windows onto a second hard drive and pull the data I need off my main drive, then wipe my main drive, install windows and move my data back on.

I fixed it :) I used another hard drive to put windows on and dragged all my stuff over.