Macbook Air stuck on load screen with logo

inadaizz
Go to solution Solved by inadaizz,

mac is the worst lol.

Okay so I fixed it by booting into safemode, doing some updates which then rebooted back into spinwheels, -> boot back into safemode and it gives me the option to upgrade to Mojave and BOOM it works... like WHY DID THIS WORK?!!?!?! It's going to take awhile for me to formulate a decent troubleshooting process with this garbage lol. 

Co-worker "mac is great because it gives you the new OS for free"
Me: Mac is Sh*t because it locks devices out of OS updates that actually have good enough hardware to do so. 

I have a macbook air in and I'm attempting to reset it so it will actually boot. I am quite unskilled in the mac environment but am able to take direction. I attempted looking the problem up on forums and YT doing what I saw others trying without success. This machine lacks any restore points so I attempted to just reinstall using command-r at boot. This appeared to work until it finished and is presenting the same problem of failing to boot stuck at the Apple logo load screen. I'm really not sure how to further troubleshoot like I would on a Windows machine. Blame HDD possibly? All suggestions are welcome. Thanx

Can you use another computer to burn the ios image to a dvd and install from the dvd. It should overwrite any corrupt files on the hdd. I am mainly a windows tech but have had to do this on a mac once.

1 minute ago, rsgametech said:

Can you use another computer to burn the ios image to a dvd and install from the dvd. It should overwrite any corrupt files on the hdd. I am mainly a windows tech but have had to do this on a mac once.

Yeah I am a Windows tech who b*tches every time a mac comes in until it leaves. I will see if I can obtain the iso via another trash mac and try this. Thank you! 

Just now, inadaizz said:

Yeah I am a Windows tech who b*tches every time a mac comes in until it leaves. I will see if I can obtain the iso via another trash mac and try this. Thank you! 

Ha! Macs are so well..awkward! Yea try the fresh image off CD! The system I had was unable to use the built in recovery too. :)

Lacking an addition mac at the moment I'm able to boot into safe-mode and I'm running updates and hoping it just does the thing and boots normal like after lol. 

mac is the worst lol.

Okay so I fixed it by booting into safemode, doing some updates which then rebooted back into spinwheels, -> boot back into safemode and it gives me the option to upgrade to Mojave and BOOM it works... like WHY DID THIS WORK?!!?!?! It's going to take awhile for me to formulate a decent troubleshooting process with this garbage lol. 

Co-worker "mac is great because it gives you the new OS for free"
Me: Mac is Sh*t because it locks devices out of OS updates that actually have good enough hardware to do so.