Memory Leak - Help

Hello, I'm working with a system that is showing signs of a memory leak.

- Intel Core i5 8600k (stock)
- Corsair 2x8gb kit of 3000mhz
- MSI Z370 SLI PLUS motherboard
- MSI GTX 1070ti GAMING X
- 970 Samsung 250gb NVMe ssd
- 1TB WD Blue hdd
- Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates

- The system has a fixed pagefile of 2gb.

In safe-mode, both In-Use and Committed memory usages in Task Manager report a low 1gb and what ever is done, it is behaving normally, filling up and emptying.

However when the pc boots without safe mode, it is higher as expected since most things load up. After a few minutes the system has 4gb In-Use and 6gb Committed Ram (idle, which is already a little higher considering there aren't many things running on the pc besides usual, Razer synapse, Discord, and normal services).

If a game is started such as Grand Theft Auto V or Far Cry 5, the In-Use behaves normal, floating around 4-9gb of Ram.
BUT the Committed usage starts raising rapidly and doesn't go down, as shown on the pictures is closing in to it's limit while it shouldn't be.

I included some pictures of RAMMap and Resource monitor to help identify the problem (The leak is not visible, at least to me, indicating a driver leak?).
- Once it reaches 18gb Committed (even with active Ram still having space), the system will attempt to crash an app.

Things already tried:
- Updated drivers
- Rolled back drivers
- Uninstalled GPU drivers (which cut both memory usages in half)
- Re-installed Windows 10 with the latest updates
- Tried to recreate the same issue on another system (i7-3770k, 16gb, old HD7770 1GB gpu) with same windows settings and all, failed. Ram usage behavior on the 3770k system behaves normal as it should be, In-Use 8gb, Committed 9gb while in-game, Idle scenario follows symmetrically and is normal again.

- About the test on the older system, it did cross my mind because it has a weaker gpu and used different graphics settings that it might use less memory as well, but after setting the 8600k system up to match the game settings, the memory problem remained.

Is this a known issue, perhaps with NVIDIAs recent driver versions or another driver etc?

Thanks in advance, every reply is appreciated!

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

6 hours ago, GamerHD said:
- The system has a fixed pagefile of 2gb.

Why?

Set your pagefile to auto or twice the size of your VRAM

AWOL

2 hours ago, X_X said:

Why?

Set your pagefile to auto or twice the size of your VRAM

That shouldn’t be the problem, I have it like this on my laptop too, to preserve the write cycles on the SSD.

I think I‘ve heard some time ago that Razer Synapse had a memory leak, but I‘m not 100% sure about that.

Maybe you could try deleting that.

If it doesn’t help just install it again afterwards.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

1 hour ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

That shouldn’t be the problem, I have it like this on my laptop too, to preserve the write cycles on the SSD.

I think I‘ve heard some time ago that Razer Synapse had a memory leak, but I‘m not 100% sure about that.

Maybe you could try deleting that.

If it doesn’t help just install it again afterwards.

About page file, correct. But having vs not having Synapse didn't help either.

Commit is page and page is the amount of physical memory + pagefile. If you set the pagefile low with high vram usage you are going to run out of addressing. Look at your own screen shots, Your nearly out of page (commit) while you still have over 6GB of free RAM. Nothing to do with extra writes to disk although you'll lose some space of course.

AWOL

On 2/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, X_X said:

Commit is page and page is the amount of physical memory + pagefile. If you set the pagefile low with high vram usage you are going to run out of addressing. Look at your own screen shots, Your nearly out of page (commit) while you still have over 6GB of free RAM. Nothing to do with extra writes to disk although you'll lose some space of course.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:01 AM, rsgametech said:

Leave the page-file on default settings or recommended.

Makes sense. New update: Tested on another system, i7 6th gen, the rest are same specs, no high memory usage.