Best Liquid

Hello people of the forms, 

I am looking to build my next PC with a custom look within that loop I plan to use peltiers to cool the loop apparently a guy on YouTube was able to get them to -60°c or ~70°f. I was wondering what liquid would be the best and wouldn't explode my loop.

8 minutes ago, JohnBartolini said:

Hello people of the forms, 

I am looking to build my next PC with a custom look within that loop I plan to use peltiers to cool the loop apparently a guy on YouTube was able to get them to -60°c or ~70°f. I was wondering what liquid would be the best and wouldn't explode my loop.

Welcome to the Forums!

Peltiers as many will tell you isn't exactly practical for sub zero cooling especially at very cold sub zero temps due to the amount of power and overhead needed to be able to do that, not to mention condensation. As for your question about the fluid you will need to run an ethylene or propylene glycol type fluid to take the sub zero temperatures if you want to do any kind of sub zero loop.

Just now, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Peltiers as many will tell you isn't exactly practical for sub zero cooling especially at very cold sub zero temps due to the amount of power and overhead needed to be able to do that, not to mention condensation. As for your question about the fluid you will need to run an ethylene or propylene glycol type fluid to take the sub zero temperatures if you want to do any kind of sub zero loop.

I don't know if it will go sub zero but chances are I will insulate the board anyway because I'm messing around with things that can potentially go sub zero on me. But thanks!

3 minutes ago, JohnBartolini said:

I don't know if it will go sub zero but chances are I will insulate the board anyway because I'm messing around with things that can potentially go sub zero on me. But thanks!

still tough, the peltiers will draw much more power than your PC at that point.