is the gtx 980ti a good card for 2019

InstaFire42

Hi LTT community once again

ive been browsing on ebay to see if theres any good graphics cards on sale (becuz im poor)

anyway while looking through i saw several gtx 980ti's for around $100-150

is the 980ti still a good gpu in 2019 to use, or should i consider a 10 series card, once again i dont got lots of money but the 980ti seems like a good deal

thanks

A 980Ti should last through to 2020.

In terms of performance, a 980Ti is right about on par with a 1070.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The 980 ti is still a very capable card, with performance numbers similar to a GTX 1070. However, those prices are quite low for a 980 ti. Double check the listings and make sure they are not an auction, or if the card is broken.

21 minutes ago, insanefire10yt said:

Hi LTT community once again

ive been browsing on ebay to see if theres any good graphics cards on sale (becuz im poor)

anyway while looking through i saw several gtx 980ti's for around $100-150

is the 980ti still a good gpu in 2019 to use, or should i consider a 10 series card, once again i dont got lots of money but the 980ti seems like a good deal

thanks

it's still a superb card for 1080p, with a proper gaming CPU it can easily push 90FPS+ at 1080high and 70FPS+ at 1440p high in most games.

Provides a better than console gaming experience all week long with the right in game settings.

At some point i had an overclocked Strix 980ti and it was faster than a 2050mhz MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 i had for a friend's computer in benchmarks AND in games...both tested on the same machine with a 4.2ghz 4770K at the time...same games, same settings, same system.

Then i ruined the 980ti putting water cooling on it :(, so i got a Gigabyte Windforce 1080 which was noticeably faster than the 980ti across the board...which i then upgraded to a MSI Gaming X trio 1080ti for +225$. :D

But even at 200$USD a decent 980ti would still be a good deal...i certainly wouldn't mind buying a strix or a MSI gaming for 300$CAD...or even a windforce.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Absolutely. More powerful than the 1060, more powerful than the supposed leaked 2050TI. 

Definitely still a good card. Especially for the right price.

55 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A 980Ti should last through to 2020.

In terms of performance, a 980Ti is right about on par with a 1070.

Because on Jan 1st 2021, it will self destruct.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

25 minutes ago, UncleJarvis said:

Because on Jan 1st 2021, it will self destruct.

Bet. xD

1 hour ago, Sir_Killedalot said:

The 980 ti is still a very capable card, with performance numbers similar to a GTX 1070. However, those prices are quite low for a 980 ti. Double check the listings and make sure they are not an auction, or if the card is broken.

Older cards are surprisingly cheap, I usually see those kinds of prices on 780s and 970s.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!