File Explorer Dark Mode

yolosnail
Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

I'm not sure about the explorer issues, I'm running explorer dark mode just fine. Perhaps something to do with your personalization settings? Try changing your accent color to something different and back.

With regards to the border, that's been there since Windows 10 launched. There's been a border around all windowed applications in some form since Windows 1.0 in 1987. However I'm not sure it matched the system accent color previously.

So I finally gave in and updated Windows, but Explorer is basically unusable when dark mode is enabled.

It seems that most of the UI is changing to dark, but not all, so the address bar is still white, but because dark mode is enabled, so is the text so you can't see. Same with the context menu, the background colour stays light, but the text turns white.

Anybody have any clue how to fix this as I really don't want to disable dark mode

On a secondary note, is there a way to get rid of the hideous border around windows that aren't full screen? I'm sure it wasn't like that pre-update

Dark Mode 1.PNG

Dark Mode Right Click.PNG

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

-= Moved to Windows =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm not sure about the explorer issues, I'm running explorer dark mode just fine. Perhaps something to do with your personalization settings? Try changing your accent color to something different and back.

With regards to the border, that's been there since Windows 10 launched. There's been a border around all windowed applications in some form since Windows 1.0 in 1987. However I'm not sure it matched the system accent color previously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

I've tried changing the colours and it has made no difference. But I just changed the theme and then changed it back and it seems it's gone back to normal!

As for the border, that's gone as well!

Well, there border is now maybe a pixel or two wide and matches the window rather than being the system accent

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue