How much cost will gsync add to a monitor?

wtfpieisgood

A question to all of you who follow monitor pricing. How much of a cost do you think the device will add to the price? Using the Asus gsync monitor could be a good reference because they released all the specs and price.

Using Tapatalk

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

holy crap. I could buy another monitor for that price. and still have $50 left over. No thank you. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

A question to all of you who follow monitor pricing. How much of a cost do you think the device will add to the price? Using the Asus gsync monitor could be a good reference because they released all the specs and price.

Now, alot. Later, it will be the standard.

A few hundred does not seem like it would be worth it. It'd be better just to get a better graphics card to eliminate the frame rate drops.

Using Tapatalk

holy crap. I could buy another monitor for that price. and still have $50 left over. No thank you. 

And you would need to get a Nvidia card!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

And you would need to get a Nvidia card!

well im planning on getting a 770 anyway so thats no big deal for me but for others thats like $500 minimum. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

as with any piece of tech it will go down in price over the year but that all depends on it's adoption. What Nvidia wants to do is have vendors start implementing it as the default scaler in their monitors that way adoption is done without having to rely on as much marketing. But my guess for the rice of a G-Sync enabled 60hz  23 inch monitor will be $499 USD. that'll probably be a TN panel with very low latency. Though my prediction could be wrong and it could be a 120HZ+ panel for that price. Time will tell and we shall see :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

A few hundred does not seem like it would be worth it. It'd be better just to get a better graphics card to eliminate the frame rate drops.

the drops aren't the only issue that G-Sync solves, it's also the tearing and input latency caused by Vsync

Hail Sithis!

that's currently the biggest problem with gsync. It's not going to be adopted if it's not made cheaper since right now it's kind of a catch 22. 

can't afford a GPU to push decent FPS? Don't have the money for it? Here's the  350~400$ and or 200$ upgrade kit to solve that there problem for ya. 

innovatin' 

Error: 410

that's currently the biggest problem with gsync. It's not going to be adopted if it's made cheaper since right now it's kind of a catch 22. 

can't afford a GPU to push decent FPS? Don't have the money for it? Here's the  350~400$ and or 200$ upgrade kit to solve that there problem for ya. 

innovatin' 

the way Nvidia has implemented the technology to work is necessary. i.e. Kepler cards and up because it's a hardware communication that is happening not a software, with that comes a lot less issues. it is more expensive though in general but a better implementation. 

Hail Sithis!

Steep, but for some people it might be worth it.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda