RAM compatibility

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

They will be compatible, but for maximum compability, select that have the most speed & similar chip (hynix).

Even if they're not the same, should work.

Hynix doesn't make memory modules (CMIIW), they made the chip, usually third party OEM does that.

Memory modules usually very durable, for any brand, as long it's not DOA / Factory defected, it would last a very long time.

Hi,

I bought the acer nitro 5 with the i7 8750h and the gtx1050Ti. It came with the 8gb ddr4 2666mhz hynix single rank module which is shown here. I am now looking to upgrade my ram with another 8gb, and in india this module from ADATA is about 1000 rupees cheaper while offering the same specs. Can i opt for the ADATA module? Are they both interchangeable? How does adata compare to hynix in terms of quality? Will i still be able to run at 2666mhz with two modules from different manufacturers?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I've got two words for you.

Rubber Duck.

They will be compatible, but for maximum compability, select that have the most speed & similar chip (hynix).

Hynix doesn't make memory modules (CMIIW), they made the chip, usually third party OEM does that.

Memory modules usually very durable, for any brand, as long it's not DOA / Factory defected, it would last a very long time.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Just wondering, what exactly do you mean by "maximum compatibility"? Since both modules run at 2666 Mhz, they will be completely compatible, right?

I've got two words for you.

Rubber Duck.

Maximum compability as in it wont have a problem.

When both memory are 2666 it will run 2666 no matter what the brand.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w