New monitor 2K IPS g-sync

guylederer0

Hi bros

i want to upgrade my experience and buy a new monitor 

right now i have a Acer G257HU and i feel im missing so much

i really looking for a 2K (1440p) IPS and a g-sync 

it will be for gaming only and watching some videos 

my range is between 400-600 $ and if it really worth it i can starch it little bit more

my rig is 

i7 6700

16GB 

thanks for your help

Guy

15 minutes ago, guylederer0 said:

Hi bros

my range is between 400-600 $ and if it really worth it i can starch it little bit more

my rig is 

i7 6700

16GB 

thanks for your help

Guy

G-Sync adds about 300 dollars to the price.  If you want 1440p IPS G-sync and 144hz that is going to cost more then 600 dollars.  Are you willing to drop 800 or 900 dollars ?  Also how many inche monitor you want, I recommend 32" at least coming from what you had, you will enjoy it.  Also you want curved ?  

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

23 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

G-Sync adds about 300 dollars to the price.  If you want 1440p IPS G-sync and 144hz that is going to cost more then 600 dollars.  Are you willing to drop 800 or 900 dollars ?  Also how many inche monitor you want, I recommend 32" at least coming from what you had, you will enjoy it.  Also you want curved ?  

from what i understand these days G-Sync is a must 

i dont care about 144hz or higher... i never played on a monitor higher then 60hz and my GPU will never reach more then 100FPS+- on games so i never understood the 144hz+ thing

like i said i dont mind to starch to 800-900 as long i will get the experience that i want ( its a monitor and its gonna stay for the rest couple of years)

i dont think more then 27inch will be better to me ... right now im with 25inch and its feel normal 

i dont want a curved monitor

2 hours ago, guylederer0 said:

Hi bros

my rig is 

i7 6700

16GB 

thanks for your help

Guy

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-monitor-s2417dg/apd/210-aizs/monitors-monitor-accessories

i got it for low $200’s on eBay.  And hit all those checkmarks  Go check out the reviews

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

1 hour ago, unsungheroist said:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-monitor-s2417dg/apd/210-aizs/monitors-monitor-accessories

i got it for low $200’s on eBay.  And hit all those checkmarks  Go check out the reviews

well its not IPS panel its a TN and its a 23inch ... 

and its not about the money like i said i can put the amount as long it make sense and getting the right experience 

Gigabyte auros AD27QD. Ticks all boxes besides g-sync. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:05 PM, guylederer0 said:

well its not IPS panel its a TN and its a 23inch ... 

and its not about the money like i said i can put the amount as long it make sense and getting the right experience 

you also need to consider pixel density. 24" usually have better density thus look better without end to end AA or other tricks. the one i recommended is 23.8" yes its not IPS but IPS main selling point is for content creators and not for gaming. this TN panel looks great out of the box with little to no fiddling required. most monitor look like hot garbage out of the box since manufactures don't tune them before sending out, unless you going to drop money on acer predator class monitor  i can only say like 3 companies acutely take the time and per-calibrate before sending off.

24" VS 27"

127 vs109

this video is old but still relevant on marketing shams.

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

i think it come to this ones

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

OR 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.HX1AA.001

for what i understand they have the exactly same panel

and i also notice they are really like lottery if im gonna get a defected with backlight bleeding\dead pixle

and these problems can appear after 8 months +

any other thoughts ?    

13 hours ago, guylederer0 said:

i think it come to this ones

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

OR 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.HX1AA.001

for what i understand they have the exactly same panel

and i also notice they are really like lottery if im gonna get a defected with backlight bleeding\dead pixle

and these problems can appear after 8 months +

any other thoughts ?    

If you have the money go with ROG Swift and don't look back.  You can turn on vsync and enjoy smooth game play.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card