Corsair ML or LL, how bad are they?

Toffe

Hello Everyone ! 

So I am going to buy a Phanteks P600s fan ! 

And of cause I have to get some LED to light it up .. going with an open front, so why not some LED fans ! 

But, after some research, I can understand that the Corsair fans are not worth it ? they are too loud and do not move enough air ??

In my currenct case I have a Noctua NH-d14 CPU cooler and some Noctua fans as intake and exhaust as well.  and they are really quiet, but no LED ? 

I would love my PC to be quiet, but will Corsair fans ruin that ?? I am thinking of 3 corsair fans in the front and one exhaust with LED, will that move enough air in a P600s to be quiet ? 

and should i go with the LL or ML if i change ?! 

Any advice ? 

Have you considered using an led strip for lighting instead?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah, thought about using the Corsair Led system .. but i saw this a loved it, the Led fans are cool 

But wont offer a silent pc for LED 

1 hour ago, Toffe said:

Yeah, thought about using the Corsair Led system .. but i saw this a loved it, the Led fans are cool 

But wont offer a silent pc for LED 

ML's are pretty quiet and provide a lot of airflow. If you're not getting LL's for the lighting options, ML's are easily better. 

What are the rest of your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But it looks like the MLs have a bit of LED as well. 

Cpu I7-8700k 

Gpu Msi 1080 armor 

Mobo msi z370a-pro 

Ram 16 GB 

Psu Corsair RM850x 

CPU cooler noctua nh-d14 

Going for a P600s case, and really want some led fans, the case is really bad for LED strips. 

That BitWit kid did a great video on the Corsair LL fans. Tested as a case fan and on an AIO. Results were great vs the stock fans*

I read the ML fans the bearings fall out sometimes. They do the job but the RGBgoodness is eh.

As said above, we are not getting the Corsair LL series for the cooling. I just ordered 4X LL 120s and 2X 140s for my new 570X v2 case. With the Commander Pro and some more purdy lights. Like 3 hours ago!

I went with the Corsair fans for the accessibility (BestBuy carries them in case I need one on the fly) iCue to sync them all up since my Z97 has no RBG header, and they look effing amazing!

6 hours ago, anthonyc813 said:

That BitWit kid did a great video on the Corsair LL fans. Tested as a case fan and on an AIO. Results were great vs the stock fans*

I read the ML fans the bearings fall out sometimes. They do the job but the RGBgoodness is eh.

As said above, we are not getting the Corsair LL series for the cooling. I just ordered 4X LL 120s and 2X 140s for my new 570X v2 case. With the Commander Pro and some more purdy lights. Like 3 hours ago!

I went with the Corsair fans for the accessibility (BestBuy carries them in case I need one on the fly) iCue to sync them all up since my Z97 has no RBG header, and they look effing amazing!

Well, I kinda need them for cooling. Case fans are a part of the cooling. 

I want a silent build, but I can sacrifice some sound for nice LED fans, so I am going for the ML fans, the LED looks nice enough for me and they have a better airflow and are more silent