Hackintosh build planning

I want to make a low power, quiet and cheap hackintosh for my sister or maybe me. Any part lists that yall could make to help me out? my budget is around 400, but lower if you can. Not doing anything intensive at all, since I already have a beast of a system, just imessage facetime and maybe some school work.

I'd suggest buying a 2012 mac mini off of ebay, and upgrading ram, storage, etc. It will come with Windows, and then all you need to do is get Bootcamp and run Windows alongside. 

This is what I did for mine. Spent 350 or so

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

13 minutes ago, LlamaFamah said:

I'd suggest buying a 2012 mac mini off of ebay, and upgrading ram, storage, etc. It will come with Windows, and then all you need to do is get Bootcamp and run Windows alongside. 

This is what I did for mine. Spent 350 or so

-Llama

I could do that, but I want the upgradeability. That's why I'm asking for part lists. thanks for the recommendation tho.

Just now, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I could do that, but I want the upgradeability. That's why I'm asking for part lists. thanks for the recommendation tho.

You can upgrade those mac mini's  a good amount of or if you want to upgrade more, get a old mac pro. Then there is no hassle and it just works.

Have you googled for guides? https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/#CustoMac_Budget_ATX

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can upgrade those mac mini's  a good amount of or if you want to upgrade more, get a old mac pro. Then there is no hassle and it just works.

Have you googled for guides? https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/building-a-customac-hackintosh-the-ultimate-buyers-guide/#CustoMac_Budget_ATX

Oh I haven't seen those guides before. Thanks for that. Also when I meant upgrade, I meant a video card if my sister decides to get into gaming.

4 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LlamaFamah/saved/FJyYTW

You can get a cheap GPU on Ebay with your last $40, like this one.

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

— Steve Wozniak

1 minute ago, LlamaFamah said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LlamaFamah/saved/FJyYTW

You can get a cheap GPU on Ebay with your last $40, like this one.

I don't want to use ryzen since it's pretty much luck if you want to get imessage or facetime working on it. Also, i'm gonna need a dgpu for that, which I don't need at the moment. If I go nvidia, I lose support for mojave outright, and even if I go radeon, mojave is still not amazing on ryzen.

39 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Oh I haven't seen those guides before. Thanks for that. Also when I meant upgrade, I meant a video card if my sister decides to get into gaming.

If you want to game on those macminis just add a egpu.

Or just get a old mac pro if you want a normal tower like pc.

9 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you want to game on those macminis just add a egpu.

Or just get a old mac pro if you want a normal tower like pc.

They would then need a mac mini with a thunderbolt.

-Llama

— Steve Wozniak

10 hours ago, LlamaFamah said:

They would then need a mac mini with a thunderbolt.

-Llama

Yeah, I would need the mac mini with thunderbolt. i dont want to get that either way, since I want it all in one box. Thanks for the help but really only looking for part lists with intel cpus