APU + GPU?

CrAzY156

Hi. I was doing some thinking, i recently bought a second hand pc off "craigslist" and it has a Gigabyte motherboard which only allows the use of APUs due to the fact that it does not have integrated graphics. A friend gave me an old gpu (GeForce 9500GT) but it is worst than the apu.(The apu is bad too) I was wondering if there was any way i can combine the both and have a better experiece?  cpu= AMD A6-5400K
Thank You!

As far as I know, you cannot SLI an APU and a GPU, unless it is the same chip for some reason.

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

3 minutes ago, CrAzY156 said:

allows the use of APUs due to the fact that it does not have integrated graphics.

I believe you mean dedicated graphics

And unfortunately no, you can't combine discrete and integrated graphics together. You could save for a cheap Improvement like a GTX 660 ti.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You can combine AMD APUs with AMD GPUs in Hybrid Graphics, but the depending on how much more powerful the graphics card is compared to the integrated GPU, it may not be worth pursuing. i.e., I think you can get a "balanced" load with a lower end graphics card, but if you pair it up with a higher end graphics card, the graphics card is going to do a bulk of the work and you end up with like 10% uplift from the integrated GPU.

You can combine APU + GPU but for AMD only, cannot mix with nvidia.

The APU is so bad and the GPU is super outdated.

If you wanna game, i suggest buying a used cheap gpu like GTX 950 or RX460.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w