MGS:V

I finally managed to stay awake through the super long intro sequence & I’ve made it to Afghanistan or something. *spoilers, you go to Afghanistan after the tutorial mission in this 4~ year old mainstream game*

so like who was that flaming guy? 

And why was there a child flying with a gas mask?

is the child psycho mantis or something? I haven’t played the old MGS games. I prolly should though. The demo for 4 was fun on PS3. 

I had no idea what was going on at all. Also I don’t understand why it’s the 80s and there’s all this high tech equipment. 

13 hours ago, fpo said:

so like who was that flaming guy? 

And why was there a child flying with a gas mask?

is the child psycho mantis or something? I haven’t played the old MGS games. I prolly should though. The demo for 4 was fun on PS3. 

You have to play MGS1, MGS3, MGS Peace Walker, and preferably the original Metal Gear to fully appreciate MSG:V Otherwise you'll be scratching your head at everything.

The game is meant to tie up the series from the Big Boss timeline to the Solid Snake one.

I had no idea what was going on at all. Also I don’t understand why it’s the 80s and there’s all this high tech equipment. 

Because Kojima likes to do that.

http://metalgeartimeline.com/

This will help.  please note however, that MGSV takes place somewhere in the middle, so scroll past that to avoid spoilers (there is also a button at the bottom-right to hide it)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

You have to play MGS1, MGS3, MGS Peace Walker, and preferably the original Metal Gear to fully appreciate MSG:V Otherwise you'll be scratching your head at everything.

The game is meant to tie up the series from the Big Boss timeline to the Solid Snake one.

Because Kojima likes to do that.

Someone told me big boss was a clone or something.. I’m loster. Guess I’m gunna buy like 8 MGs games to figure this out. 

38 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

http://metalgeartimeline.com/

This will help.  please note however, that MGSV takes place somewhere in the middle, so scroll past that to avoid spoilers (there is also a button at the bottom-right to hide it)

The last game is in the middle? 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

The last game is in the middle? 

the last game is not last chronologically.

correct order:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Portable Ops

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Flaming guy spoiler if you wanna know vvv

Spoiler

The flaming guy is the main antagonist from Metal gear solid 3 : Snake eater.

The whole plot is a clusterfuk it took a lot of YouTube vids to understand

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

23 minutes ago, Vulrax said:

Flaming guy spoiler if you wanna know vvv

Reveal hidden contents

The flaming guy is the main antagonist from Metal gear solid 3 : Snake eater.

The whole plot is a clusterfuk it took a lot of YouTube vids to understand

I found the plot of a given MGS game straight forward after playing it, including watching all of the cutscenes and listening to the codec calls. There might be some lingering questions to answer, but they're not really that important to the plot for that game.

The problem is later games build up on previous ones. Including said points that weren't important for that game. i.e., that whole thing with Liquid's arm on Ocelot was a minor point in MGS2 but a major one in MGS4.