Kodi, Plex etc.

I tried Kodi for a few weeks, but I do not like it at all (including dif skins, options etc). I then tried Plex, and I love it... except for one thing, it requires me to be connected to the internet which is a deal breaker. What is the best alternative you are aware of that does NOT require internet access? Paid or free.

You do not need to be connected to the internet. I actually am running a NAS with plex installed and I use it offline all the time.

5 minutes ago, Schakal_No1 said:

You do not need to be connected to the internet. I actually am running a NAS with plex installed and I use it offline all the time.

Doesn't work when I try. Loads nothing, legit just a turning icon :/ Unless I am doing it wrong?

are you using it with a plex account? I never logged anything into my account (neither the app nor the server) and just connected the app to the server manually. You have to skip the login in the beginning.

Just now, Schakal_No1 said:

are you using it with a plex account? I never logged anything into my account (neither the app nor the server) and just connected the app to the server manually. You have to skip the login in the beginning.

Well, when I launch it, it has a massive log in screen which I cannot bypass. If I use the server one, it only brings me to the log in page in the web browser.

you actually can bypass the login screen, it is just there to intimidate you :) There is a small note on the top letting you continue without logging in.

12 minutes ago, Schakal_No1 said:

you actually can bypass the login screen, it is just there to intimidate you :) There is a small note on the top letting you continue without logging in.

I was looking for something like that earlier. But, it doesn't have that at all. All it has is a full screen option, but once I click on that, I still only get a log in page. Different version maybe?

This is what my screen says. On the top right corner should be a button like "continue" or something else. Maybe reset your plex app data if it does not show this to you.

image.png.8897ff6609d3e455603250139ac9490e.png

8 minutes ago, Schakal_No1 said:

This is what my screen says. On the top right corner should be a button like "continue" or something else. Maybe reset your plex app data if it does not show this to you.

image.png.8897ff6609d3e455603250139ac9490e.png

Bloody hell... This works:

http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/index.html

Maybe because I am using PC I don't have the same options as you.

5 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

Bloody hell... This works:

http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/index.html

Maybe because I am using PC I don't have the same options as you.

did you reset your app data? Could you give me a screenshot?

25 minutes ago, Schakal_No1 said:

did you reset your app data? Could you give me a screenshot?

Not really in this case, since it's not an app per se, but a software since I am not using my cellphone. But, I can show you, sure.

Capture.PNG

ah ok that screenshot explains a lot, I thought you would be on your phone. Ok then just use the browser-version you already found :) the App does not have additional features.

Yeah lol, I thought it was weird when I saw your phone. But, regardless, glad there is an url. I did not realize it until realized that that was a local url XD I mean, Plex looks pretty damn nice.