Weird problem with fill on photoshop

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before? I've been trying to use the fill command in photoshop, which should be a relatively easy task for it to fulfill, but it hasn't been doing what I have expected it to. An example is shown below. Basically, the selected area is the intended fill color, and is the area that was intended to be filled. Everything else should not have, as far as I can tell, been filled. I haven't found many similar cases online (partially because I am new to photoshop, and I've been having trouble wording my searches correctly). Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

image.png.8310651408175bd63d88228f5e62d9ad.png

Could you rephrase your question? As far as I can look at image, its how I imagine it should be. Selected area is filled with white, rest isn't. And what you are saying, thats how it supposed to be. I don't see any issue here.

Disclaimer, I don't use Photoshop, so everything I say is based on how image editors work in general. I use Gimp. So based on that, only thing that might cause issues is that if selected area has multiple colors to begin with. Then it would fill only colors clicked on within selection. By default, that is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Could you rephrase your question? As far as I can look at image, its how I imagine it should be. Selected area is filled with white, rest isn't. And what you are saying, thats how it supposed to be. I don't see any issue here.

Disclaimer, I don't use Photoshop, so everything I say is based on how image editors work in general. I use Gimp. So based on that, only thing that might cause issues is that if selected area has multiple colors to begin with. Then it would fill only colors clicked on within selection. By default, that is.

Yeah in hindsight I didn't quite explain everything very well. My problem is that everything, but the selected area, shouldn't have been filled. There was nothing but a black background that was left visible. What Ii was expecting to happen, and what I think should have happened, was just the selected area would be filled with light grey, while everything else should have remained black. Instead, the fill caused other random parts to change color, in the outline of the original image that I got the selection from. So to reiterate, the selected area was the only part that I thought would have been filled, while everything else was originally left black. When I filled the selected area, it turned everything else into a different shade of grey, even though it shouldn't have been included in the fill.

Another example of a similar problem that I've run into is areas of transparency near the edges of areas that I filled. Sometimes some pixels just aren't filled at all.

image.png.514e72be5aa770eb2fda1b8ffb28541c.png

1 hour ago, TPMx said:

Another example of a similar problem that I've run into is areas of transparency near the edges of areas that I filled. Sometimes some pixels just aren't filled at all.

image.png.514e72be5aa770eb2fda1b8ffb28541c.png

First pic might actually have optical illusion unless you can zoom in to pixels and see that they have changed color. Second one, I'm not sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

First pic might actually have optical illusion unless you can zoom in to pixels and see that they have changed color. Second one, I'm not sure.

I thought about that too, having had a similar issue with phantom gaps or lines that show up at different levels of zoom, but it doesn't seem to be the case this time.