That's your motherboard. If you want an R5 you are going to need a new motherboard, new RAM and a new CPU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That's your motherboard. If you want an R5 you are going to need a new motherboard, new RAM and a new CPU

i was suggested a motherboard but the board i was suggested has bad reviews.. 
got any suggestion on a motherboard 

Just now, Evilwendie413 said:

i was suggested a motherboard but the board i was suggested has bad reviews.. 
got any suggestion on a motherboard 

Anything B450 made by ASRock or ASUS I guess, they haven't chraped out on the power compontnes as much from what I know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Anything B450 made by ASRock or ASUS I guess, they haven't chraped out on the power compontnes as much from what I know

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157843&Description=b450 motherboard&cm_re=b450_motherboard-_-13-157-843-_-Product

would that work with ryzen 5 and newer like i8 and so on?

13 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

That will work with chips using the AM4 socket. You will not be able to use any Intel CPU in that motherboard, they use different sockets

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That will work with chips using the AM4 socket. You will not be able to use any Intel CPU in that motherboard, they use different sockets

is it better to get the 6 core or 8 core? theres abunch of different ryzen pros

is it better to get the 6 core or 8 core? theres abunch of different ryzen pros

Depends on what you want to spend, the R5 2600 is the one thats generally considered the most value

Builds:

Spoiler

thats the one, thats a very nice sale

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

is there anything else i would need to buy with that? like that processor and the motherboard.. i dont need anything else at all?

cause if i order it and then im missing something i wont understand whats going on lol...
ive seen in some videos people have bought thermal paste and coolers?

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

is there anything else i would need to buy with that? like that processor and the motherboard.. i dont need anything else at all?

cause if i order it and then im missing something i wont understand whats going on lol...
ive seen in some videos people have bought thermal paste and coolers?

ddr4 ram if you don't have it already (assuming your old one was that am3(+) you don't)

any 3000+ mhz 16 gb kit will do

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

ddr4 ram if you don't have it already (assuming your old one was that am3(+) you don't)

any 3000+ mhz 16 gb kit will do

good thing i asked lol thanks

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i found this one on amazon i think its the same thing? 
https://www.amazon.com/Ryzen-Gaming-Motherboard-B450M-CSM/dp/B07FKV5HWJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549012998&sr=8-1&keywords=ASRock+B450M+PRO4+AM4+AMD

if i can id like to order it all off amazon .. that ryzen 2600 is on sale with amazon too same price

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Ryzen-Gaming-Motherboard-B450M-CSM/dp/B07FKV5HWJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549012998&sr=8-1&keywords=ASRock+B450M+PRO4+AM4+AMD

if i can id like to order it all off amazon .. that ryzen 2600 is on sale with amazon too same price

nope, that thing is not meant for your workload, at all. no vrm heatsinks for example isn't going to be nice... the pro4 is a better choise here

4 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

good thing i asked lol thanks

well, it adds another 80-100 dollars, but it will be worth it

2 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

Not great on B450 boards, that one probably works but it dosnt seem great. Id look at what ASRock has to offer. You will need some DDR4 too

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

nope, that thing is not meant for your workload, at all. no vrm heatsinks for example isn't going to be nice... the pro4 is a better choise here

well, it adds another 80-100 dollars, but it will be worth it

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157843&Description=b450 motherboard&cm_re=b450_motherboard-_-13-157-843-_-Product

and 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0134EW7G8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B41WS48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

good ? 

haha awesome thanks!

i just hope my graphics card fits on the motherboard.. i was told they all pretty much are universal and fit on anyboard 
i ended up getting 
https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Dual-Fan-Gaming-Graphics-DUAL-GTX1060-O6G/dp/B01JHQT1SE/ref=pd_sbs_147_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01JHQT1SE&pd_rd_r=71a45dc0-2605-11e9-898b-bde429f25e46&pd_rd_w=0XUSg&pd_rd_wg=Q1hhH&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=BYNVH3KA2ZGFQ1G1D3P9&psc=1&refRID=BYNVH3KA2ZGFQ1G1D3P9

from someone online in california who bought it for black friday but never used it.. he had it for $180 but i told him if i bought it right now would he do $120 and $12 shipping and he said sure.. got it and it was still unopened in the newegg box he just put tape over his own info and put my label for shipping over that lol

ive had it afew weeks now and it runs great! the fans are kinda noisy but by the time a game is on i never notice it
it runs around 65 temp

i just hope my graphics card fits on the motherboard..

without a problem. if it fits in your case, it can fit on the motherboard. that does sound like a great deal tho and should be a really nice combo. 

without a problem. if it fits in your case, it can fit on the motherboard. that does sound like a great deal tho and should be a really nice combo. 

i sure hope is a good combo.. i had the 1050 3gb and it runs the same as the 1060.. was told its the CPU thats holding it back.. so i hope it all works out

i still have a 450 power supply will that still work with those 2 new things? i had ordered a 650 but then i was told it was too much power to use the one i had.. lol

i still have a 450 power supply will that still work with those 2 new things? i had ordered a 650 but then i was told it was too much power to use the one i had.. lol

which model do you have? wattage isn't a problem here, but quality might...

which model do you have? wattage isn't a problem here, but quality might...

it is a logisys power supply.. i dont know the wattage the guy who made the computer i asked him before and he said maybe its a 450
i tried to take it out but id need to unhook everything to see the information on the power box cause of the way its inside the computer case
he lives in another state so theres no way i can get him to take it out

it is a logisys power supply.. i dont know the wattage the guy who made the computer i asked him before and he said maybe its a 450
i tried to take it out but id need to unhook everything to see the information on the power box cause of the way its inside the computer case
he lives in another state so theres no way i can get him to take it out

yeah... then it will be hard for me to give you any advice on it... i could try to ask @Stefan Payne, but that's about it...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... then it will be hard for me to give you any advice on it... i could try to ask @Stefan Payne, but that's about it...

maybe i should just get a 550 and leave it at that? once the card prices drop i want to sell my 1050 and my 1060 and get a 1080..
right now i cant play any games on my computer other than world of warcraft.. anything else just lags to where i cant do anything
its really depressing ive spent $1000 on it so far i couldve built one myself for the same price and it be updated version