Fitting a H100i in a Thor V2

So I'm planning out my first ever build and my heart was pretty much set on the Thor V2 for a case, mainly because of aggressive look and massive fans for lower RPMS, less sound, ect. However, when going into more detail about the build and deciding components I figure I better make sure everything would fit nicely. Low and behold, I find a video demonstrating that the Thor has limited space up top for a radiator. (Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiSwrvmD4ko )

In the video he shows how his heat sinks block the fans on the rad from fitting. The two motherboards iIve picking debating between are the Asus Formula and Hero. Orginally it was going to be Formula, but some one pointed out that the Hero is 100 bucks cheaper and is just missing the water cooled heat sink and thermal armor. So I went to Hero, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about how maybe I will get into watercooling, and aesthetics are critical for me, so I love the thermal armor. ANYWAYS, both of them have pretty big heat sinks so I'm assuming I'm going to run into the same issue. The video shows that it seemed easy enough to just drill new holes, (with some of the holes even just working by fitting into the mesh) however I don't want to have to cut into my case if I don't have to. So I was wondering, is it that big of a deal to cut new holes into the case? are there slim design fans that could work with it instead of moving it? 

If not, my second choice was probably going to be a Corsair 750D. A little simpler in look, which is kind of a bummer for me. But the neat SSD mounts and places for additional rads is something I might need later. I also like the side window, something absent from the Thor in exchange for another massive fan. which then led me to one of many Cooler Master cases which have a fan and side windows.

I'm really just looking for some guidance. Being a first time builder, I don't want to have to fight with anything, but if it isn't that hard I'd love to keep the Thor. 

Anything is possible with modding. I'm not sure if it's doable without it. 

What kind of rad are you talking about?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Anything is possible with modding. I'm not sure if it's doable without it. 

What kind of rad are you talking about?

The H100i

The H100i

Well if you're using the h100i as well, you can just follow what was done in the video.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.