My take on the Twitter redesign

So in light of Twitter's recent announcement of a redesign, I thought I'd share my personal project that I've been working on for a while.

WfFLgBP_medium.png

It's called ReTwit, and it's a simple Chrome extension that essentially skins Twitter. I've been working on it in my spare time for about half a year now, and I've been slowly adding features like the ability to swap the columns (back to the original tweets on the left layout) or making the tweets column wider.

I just recently added in media previews for Instagram and Imgur content, and I'm working on a quote feature like in the mobile Twitter apps.

I'll be updating the extension once I get the official redesign.

If anyone's interested, you can download it here!

You can also follow @GetReTwit on Twitter for news, or to report bugs/make suggestions!

Against the CoC(k) NOW!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Hmmmm, I find it interesting how they're still sticking with the rounded design, as I would much prefer running something like what you showed (although self advertising is against the CoC so you should probably take it down). As much as I'm not a fan of Metro UI itself the whole edgy theme definitely looks a lot better than rounded boxes. Not that I use Twitter anyways but still.

How is this advertising? Hes just showing us his project and allowing us to use it ourselfs, its no different than someone showing off their rig...

OT: looks nice :) might have to try it out when im donw being lazy and get out of bed

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Oh come on! It's an interesting project, what if its his!? It's actually worthwhile content. Shut up with the CoC! The redesign looks great man, kudos!

Oh come on! It's an interesting project, what if its his!? It's actually worthwhile content. Shut up with the CoC! The redesign looks great man, kudos!

It is my project. Should I take it down? :\

No. The forum is filled with ridiculous stories about (i don't remember who's) wet dreams, high school stuff and meme threads, this is a cool project and worthwhile tech related content, doesn't matter if it's yours or not. If it actually is a problem to some Mod let them take it down...

1. Only a mod can take it down 2. Unless a mod says otherwise, i would leave it :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No. The forum is filled with ridiculous stories about (i don't remember who's) wet dreams, high school stuff and meme threads, this is a cool project and worthwhile tech related content, doesn't matter if it's yours or not. If it actually is a problem to some Mod let them take it down...

1. Only a mod can take it down 2. Unless a mod says otherwise, i would leave it :)

Heh, thanks guys.

Any suggestions, by the way? I'm always looking for ways to improve the extension. :)

Heh, thanks guys.

Any suggestions, by the way? I'm always looking for ways to improve the extension. :)

i dont really use twitter so no, i just know from the image above that i like it more than stock twitter :F

i dont really use twitter so no, i just know from the image above that i like it more than stock twitter :F

Heh, thanks!