built computer incorrectly (probably)

Shaikoro

Hey guys, so I bought this screen  https://www.komplett.dk/product/1006185/gaming/gamingskaerme/acer-nitro-24-led-freesync-rg240ybmiix# 

and these parts https://www.komplett.dk/product/986452/hardware/pc-komponenter/saml-selv-pakkeloesninger/saml-selv-pcer-amd/saml-selv-ryzen-value-gamer-2600#

- I built the computer connected it to a power source, and connected it to the screen of course (using an HDMI cable) 

- The motherboard is lit and my fans and graphics turn on, but it just won’t connect to the screen. The screen searches for any possible connections and won’t find anything. 

- I also tried connecting my mouse that lights up when connected, using both the front USB slots as well as the ones directly connected to the motherboard, and it doesn’t connect either (can see that by the light not turning on).

Do you guys see any obvious flaws with what I’ve done? Or any idea what I might have set up incorrectly? 

Would appreicate the help super much, kind of stuck with the computer now until I figure it out... Sorry for my lack of knowledge, thanks.

If you connected the HDMI cable to the motherboard, you'll need to remove your GPU. Otherwise connect the cable to the graphics card. 

Make sure you plugged your monitor into the GPU and not into your motherboard. Check all cables, including the ones inside your PC

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Alright I’ve connected my screen. Now it’s telling me this “Please power down and connect the PCIe power cable(S) for this GPU - Although it is all connected. Any suggestions? I also tried the extra wire instead of the original one (PCIe) and it isn’t working still. 

If its telling you it isn't getting power its something wrong with your connection. Re-seat the connections and see if that helps.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

2 minutes ago, Shaikoro said:

Alright I’ve connected my screen. Now it’s telling me this “Please power down and connect the PCIe power cable(S) for this GPU - Although it is all connected. Any suggestions? I also tried the extra wire instead of the original one (PCIe) and it isn’t working still. 

I think you have to fully click them in... that might just be it

1 minute ago, Shaikoro said:

Fixed it! Thanks guys. I was just being dumb, it had been a bit loose yeah by the power supply - Thanks all!

gg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧